“A slice of heaven”
other travelers have booked this property
The plunge pool and main arch of the dome.
The entire dome. The viewing platform rests on the top of the bedroom. The approach and the front door.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The plunge pool and main arch of the dome.
The entire dome. The viewing platform rests on the top of the bedroom.
The approach and the front door.
Paintings from my favourite local artist in the main dome.
Bedroom with relaxation seats in the windows
Queen size bed with canopy.
The stairs to the observation platform.
The observation platform features two adirondack chairs and a hommock.
spa style shower made from river stones. also, slate bench with rain shower head and hand shower.
Washroom counter with stone sink and bamboo faucet.
Our first guest arrived during construction!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Barbara S
“A slice of heaven”
Reviewed January 8, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

This is the second time I have booked and stayed at this beautiful rental. I came back because of the unique experience this rental offers. Nestled in the jungle, you are surrounded by nature in all of its glory. Fully equipped, you can prepare meals, as I did, in the dome, or call a taxi and head into town to sample great dining in any one of Puerto Viejo's many restaurants and "sodas". The dome is clean, air and feels just like home- as opposed to feeling like a hotel room.

The owners, John and Eric, went above and beyond again, making sure my stay was perfect- with restaurant recommendations, activity suggestions etc. The dome is a place to get away, listen to nature and relax. You lack for nothing here. The plunge pool is refreshing after a stint at the beach, which is a few minutes away by foot. Second time visitor, and certainly there will be a third and fourth.

It really is heaven on earth.

Jan 9, 2018
Thank you so much for choosing us again. It is such a pleasure making friends and keeping in touch. We can't wait for next year and more adventures. Much peace, health and love in 2018.
John & Eric
mgorrias4
Vienna, Austria
“Unique house for a getaway”
Reviewed October 20, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This property is located in the outskirts of Puerto Viejo but is close enough to go anywhere you need and yet secluded to relax and have privacy. The house is well designed and has a unique architecture that I found refreshingly distinct. This comes from a real estate professional who is used to seeing property everyday.

Nov 1, 2017
It was a pleasure hosting you. We look forward to seeing you again!!! All the Best, John and Eric.
Kajjen
“Put it on your bucket list!”
Reviewed July 2, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Staying at Casa Corozon del Mar was an experience I will never forget. For six days, I felt like I was living within a piece of art. This unique and exotic building is alive with light and water elements that reflect its beautiful jungle setting. The owners have tended to every detail; right down to those awesome cold beers and bag of Doritos waiting for us tired travellers upon arrival. Throughout our stay, I kept experiencing a sense of happy surprise as each thoughtful detail revealed itself.
Honestly, this is a world class destination. The hosts are welcoming and discreet: if you need them, they are there, if you don't, you won't even realize they are just a little way down the jungle path. A shout out from the plunge pool, and they come running to help with whatever questions you might have.
The plunge pool - clean and so refreshing! The look-out platform - hang out and enjoy the jungle from a birds eye perspective! The rain shower bathroom, a piece of heaven in itself! The beach only two minutes away! Puerto Viejo and all the seafood you can eat!
Fireflys and butterflies, fresh melons and pineapples and bananas, deep rich coffee and dark homemade chocolate; beaches that stretch as far as you see with no one on them; soft tropical breezes, monkeys and sloths and toucans and parrots.
This is not to be missed, put it on your top ten list of places to see!

Jul 3, 2017
That was such nice review. Thank you. We work very hard to give everyone the gift of an experience while they are here. We look forward to your return. All the best!!!
Barbara S
“Heaven on eart”
Reviewed January 11, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I saw this cute little adobe hut, and thought to myself what a cool place to vacation, so I booked it. Little did I know,this beautifully appointed, charming and comfy adobe hut would become one of my favourite places to vacation. The minute I stepped off the bus in Playa Negra, the owners, Eric and John were there to greet me, with warm hugs and huge smiles. As we approached the hut- I was awestruck by it's beauty- a little gorgeous home in the middle of a rain forest/jungle. Everything inside was perfect (except for maybe there being no blanket... but I am always cold, and heck... I don't blame them for not having a blanket in the jungle), the place pristine, the bathroom huge and inviting (2 shower heads.... and amazing water pressure). I quickly stowed my cash and passport in the safe and got ready for the adventure of a lifetime. The hut is so well placed, minutes from the beach, a short trek (15 mins Max) to Puerto Viejo, and far enough from everything that all you hear are the sounds of the jungle. I loved every second I spent there, and am already saving my pennies to return this year. Kudos to Eric and John for offering travelers this gem. They are encyclopedias of what to do in and around Puerto Viejo, will happily call you a cab to take you wherever you want to go, and if you ask nicely, will find you sloths in the trees. This was the perfect getaway- because it was the perfect place to be.

Anne L
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Heart of the Sea”
Reviewed November 24, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Spent a week here in November.
Location: Playa Negra (black beach)
Easy 10 to 15 min walk into Puerto Viejo.

House: 1 bedroom, which is secure with safe included. Kitchen has a small fridge, stove. Fully functional, stocked with dishes, glasses, pans etc. Bathroom has both a rain shower head as well as a hand held nozzle.

Grounds: nice path from the drive to the dome. Dome was fit into the jungle, not the other way around. It's all very natural.
Frogs, geckos, sloths, lizards, spiders, toucans.

Owners: Eric and John are always available for help or questions. They have built a private path that doesn't go directly past the dome when they come and go from their house. They have some very well behaved dogs which don't have access to the dome. Being a dog owner myself, I appreciated knowing they were there. They know the difference between people staying at the dome, and people who shouldn't be on the property.

Review: Wow! I knew I was going to enjoy it before I got there. Pictures really don't do this place justice. I never felt like I wasn't safe. I specifically say this because I travel alone. I had my privacy when I wanted it. John or Eric would stop and make sure everything was good or if I needed anything. John works on keeping the pool clean. Leaves and seeds are enevitable in the jungle. They gave me a couple numbers for the Tuk Tuk and a reliable taxi driver so if I was at dinner I could have them called. Helpful hint, if you take a taxi tell them Casa Amma. That's the street it's on.

Wendy O
Huntingdon, Quebec
“Such fun!”
Reviewed August 16, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed from Feb 24 to approximately Mar 4 2016. Our hosts John & Eric were amazing! Very knowledgeable about the area, very friendly, and even provided us with a river tour! The Dome was lovely (I called it The Hobbit House). Open to the air, no need for air conditions. We did have a few small overnight visitors exploring the premises and on one occasion had to challenge a small lizard for the rights to the coffee maker! The gardens were fabulous and lush. If you want to experience the feel of living in a jungle without the fear and with all the comforts of home, then this is the place for you!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The adventure, the privacy, the laid back feel.
Liked least: There was nothing to like least.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Aug 18, 2016
Thanks Wendy
It was so good having you and mr o here
Eric
Victoria...
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
“Exactly like the photos - LOVELY place”
Reviewed August 8, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My husband was celebrating his birthday, i wanted to take him to a place where he can disconnect and breath a different air, definitely this was the best choice.

The dome is amazing, different and really cool! all amenities are well described, and here are some of our key highlights to share:

-The pool is delicious, cold water exactly what is needed in Caribbean weather

-The decoration is exquisite, the sofas near the pool are super comfortable.

-Loved the shower!

-The sights are breathtaking, the music from nature runs all over the place, is amazing!

-Since this is a tropical country and specially this is a quite humid area, is important to have in mind that there are no AC in the house, (it would be a great idea to include it in the room because actually that is the only space that could use some, the rest is quite cool), in the room there is only a ceiling fan and a regular stand fan and due to the mosquito net covering the bed is difficult for the air to run, is quite hot, that would be the only thing that i can think of suggesting for improvement in the house.

Eric, our host, was more than kind, helpful and polite! we were really happy and enjoyed a lot our stay. thank you Eric & John!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole house
Liked least: reaaaally hot in the bedroom
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Aug 18, 2016
Victoria it was wonderful having you here and we look forward to seeing you again. You forgot to mention that you accidentally broke the fan in the bedroom and that was the reason your second night was hot. It's all been remedied
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing