“Put it on your bucket list!”
other travelers have booked this property
The plunge pool and main arch of the dome.
The entire dome. The viewing platform rests on the top of the bedroom. The approach and the front door.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The plunge pool and main arch of the dome.
The entire dome. The viewing platform rests on the top of the bedroom.
The approach and the front door.
Paintings from my favourite local artist in the main dome.
Bedroom with relaxation seats in the windows
Queen size bed with canopy.
The stairs to the observation platform.
The observation platform features two adirondack chairs and a hommock.
spa style shower made from river stones. also, slate bench with rain shower head and hand shower.
Washroom counter with stone sink and bamboo faucet.
Our first guest arrived during construction!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Kajjen
“Put it on your bucket list!”
Reviewed July 2, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Staying at Casa Corozon del Mar was an experience I will never forget. For six days, I felt like I was living within a piece of art. This unique and exotic building is alive with light and water elements that reflect its beautiful jungle setting. The owners have tended to every detail; right down to those awesome cold beers and bag of Doritos waiting for us tired travellers upon arrival. Throughout our stay, I kept experiencing a sense of happy surprise as each thoughtful detail revealed itself.
Honestly, this is a world class destination. The hosts are welcoming and discreet: if you need them, they are there, if you don't, you won't even realize they are just a little way down the jungle path. A shout out from the plunge pool, and they come running to help with whatever questions you might have.
The plunge pool - clean and so refreshing! The look-out platform - hang out and enjoy the jungle from a birds eye perspective! The rain shower bathroom, a piece of heaven in itself! The beach only two minutes away! Puerto Viejo and all the seafood you can eat!
Fireflys and butterflies, fresh melons and pineapples and bananas, deep rich coffee and dark homemade chocolate; beaches that stretch as far as you see with no one on them; soft tropical breezes, monkeys and sloths and toucans and parrots.
This is not to be missed, put it on your top ten list of places to see!

Jul 3, 2017
That was such nice review. Thank you. We work very hard to give everyone the gift of an experience while they are here. We look forward to your return. All the best!!!
Barbara S
“Heaven on eart”
Reviewed January 11, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I saw this cute little adobe hut, and thought to myself what a cool place to vacation, so I booked it. Little did I know,this beautifully appointed, charming and comfy adobe hut would become one of my favourite places to vacation. The minute I stepped off the bus in Playa Negra, the owners, Eric and John were there to greet me, with warm hugs and huge smiles. As we approached the hut- I was awestruck by it's beauty- a little gorgeous home in the middle of a rain forest/jungle. Everything inside was perfect (except for maybe there being no blanket... but I am always cold, and heck... I don't blame them for not having a blanket in the jungle), the place pristine, the bathroom huge and inviting (2 shower heads.... and amazing water pressure). I quickly stowed my cash and passport in the safe and got ready for the adventure of a lifetime. The hut is so well placed, minutes from the beach, a short trek (15 mins Max) to Puerto Viejo, and far enough from everything that all you hear are the sounds of the jungle. I loved every second I spent there, and am already saving my pennies to return this year. Kudos to Eric and John for offering travelers this gem. They are encyclopedias of what to do in and around Puerto Viejo, will happily call you a cab to take you wherever you want to go, and if you ask nicely, will find you sloths in the trees. This was the perfect getaway- because it was the perfect place to be.

Anne L
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Heart of the Sea”
Reviewed November 24, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Spent a week here in November.
Location: Playa Negra (black beach)
Easy 10 to 15 min walk into Puerto Viejo.

House: 1 bedroom, which is secure with safe included. Kitchen has a small fridge, stove. Fully functional, stocked with dishes, glasses, pans etc. Bathroom has both a rain shower head as well as a hand held nozzle.

Grounds: nice path from the drive to the dome. Dome was fit into the jungle, not the other way around. It's all very natural.
Frogs, geckos, sloths, lizards, spiders, toucans.

Owners: Eric and John are always available for help or questions. They have built a private path that doesn't go directly past the dome when they come and go from their house. They have some very well behaved dogs which don't have access to the dome. Being a dog owner myself, I appreciated knowing they were there. They know the difference between people staying at the dome, and people who shouldn't be on the property.

Review: Wow! I knew I was going to enjoy it before I got there. Pictures really don't do this place justice. I never felt like I wasn't safe. I specifically say this because I travel alone. I had my privacy when I wanted it. John or Eric would stop and make sure everything was good or if I needed anything. John works on keeping the pool clean. Leaves and seeds are enevitable in the jungle. They gave me a couple numbers for the Tuk Tuk and a reliable taxi driver so if I was at dinner I could have them called. Helpful hint, if you take a taxi tell them Casa Amma. That's the street it's on.

Wendy O
Huntingdon, Quebec
“Such fun!”
Reviewed August 16, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed from Feb 24 to approximately Mar 4 2016. Our hosts John & Eric were amazing! Very knowledgeable about the area, very friendly, and even provided us with a river tour! The Dome was lovely (I called it The Hobbit House). Open to the air, no need for air conditions. We did have a few small overnight visitors exploring the premises and on one occasion had to challenge a small lizard for the rights to the coffee maker! The gardens were fabulous and lush. If you want to experience the feel of living in a jungle without the fear and with all the comforts of home, then this is the place for you!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The adventure, the privacy, the laid back feel.
Liked least: There was nothing to like least.
Aug 18, 2016
Thanks Wendy
It was so good having you and mr o here
Eric
Victoria...
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
“Exactly like the photos - LOVELY place”
Reviewed August 8, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My husband was celebrating his birthday, i wanted to take him to a place where he can disconnect and breath a different air, definitely this was the best choice.

The dome is amazing, different and really cool! all amenities are well described, and here are some of our key highlights to share:

-The pool is delicious, cold water exactly what is needed in Caribbean weather

-The decoration is exquisite, the sofas near the pool are super comfortable.

-Loved the shower!

-The sights are breathtaking, the music from nature runs all over the place, is amazing!

-Since this is a tropical country and specially this is a quite humid area, is important to have in mind that there are no AC in the house, (it would be a great idea to include it in the room because actually that is the only space that could use some, the rest is quite cool), in the room there is only a ceiling fan and a regular stand fan and due to the mosquito net covering the bed is difficult for the air to run, is quite hot, that would be the only thing that i can think of suggesting for improvement in the house.

Eric, our host, was more than kind, helpful and polite! we were really happy and enjoyed a lot our stay. thank you Eric & John!

Liked best: The whole house
Liked least: reaaaally hot in the bedroom
Your age range 25-34
Aug 18, 2016
Victoria it was wonderful having you here and we look forward to seeing you again. You forgot to mention that you accidentally broke the fan in the bedroom and that was the reason your second night was hot. It's all been remedied
Limbiclad...
Lakewood, Ohio
“rumble in the jungle”
Reviewed April 12, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

What a wonderful 3 night stay at Casa Corazon Del Mar - John and Eric are perfect hosts, permitted privacy but were very willing to share tales, gardening secrets and their joy of living in this space. You do have to realize that you are in the jungle, noise and creatures abound and we were very open to all experiences. The sleeping was comfortable, no AC, but a great cross breeze with a powerful fan and ceiling fans. The plunge pool was 'refreshing' and midnight dips were in order.

I particularly loved the frogs and geckos and morning awakenings by parrots and monkeys. Who could ask for me - thank you John and Eric for a most wonderful experience.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the creatures - actually, the design was fabulous and relaxing
Liked least: no ice cubes
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Apr 18, 2016
Hope you two will come back. Your time here was too short. Thank You for choosing us. It was such a pleasure getting to know you both.
Jeffrey35
Lakewood, Ohio
“Dome Home in the Rain Forest”
Reviewed April 12, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Staying at Casa Corazon del Mar during our Jungle Vacation was an amazing choice for us. It is a three-room dome home, equipped with cooktop, refrigerator, bottled water, Fantastic Rain Shower, toilet, comfortable mosquito-netted bed, and a wonderful sitting area by the plunge pool. The large plants in the bathroom are a great touch. Exquisite! It’s your own little hobbit house, in the Rain Forrest, so relax and enjoy the sounds of nature. Kind of like camping, isolated and private, but with all the extras – can you imagine all this? Plenty of fresh air and fans, no AC noise to disrupt the quiet. There are lots of geckos, birds and dragonflies whizzing about. We even had a frog or two or three, jumping all around! Some are small, so keep your eye out for these colorful little guys.

Fortunately, John and Eric are perfect hosts, who also live on the property and helped in every way if needed. They even included a bottle of wine and some goodies for when we first arrived. We had such a fantastic stay here. Loved the plunge pool, where at night, we shut off the lights except for the ones in the pool and little tea lights inside. It was wonderful to sit back and enjoy the sounds of the jungle. Yes, Wi-Fi in the jungle really does work well. Sitting above the dome, on the upper deck with coffee and tea in the morning, was a great way to start the day. Make sure you get up early so that you can see and hear the animals waking too. Don’t forget to stop in town and pick up some bakery from one of the two fabulous bakeries and coffee shops, Bread & Chocolate or De Gustibus. You’ll be glad you did. Eric and John can give you some excellent suggestions for places to eat for dinner too. Amimodo and Stachu’s con Fusion were two of our favorites.

If you want the Jungle Experience, this is it. We know of some people who are not used to having all the critters around, but we loved being in the jungle with them. We even watched one frog do laps around the pool!!! I would say, that we’re not bicyclists or huge walkers, so a car was in order for us, we’re 64 yrs young. Marco’s Pizza, The Point Sports bar, and the beach is a bit of a walk from here, but other parts of Puerto Viejo are further, about a Km away, maybe 20min or so if you walk. We watched the bicyclists negotiate the roads and holes. No helmets here. Taxis are recommended at night for the short $7 ride. We loved our adventure with geckoes, toucans, pizotes, and incredible plant life. We even woke up to a flock of parrots chatting VERY loudly in the trees above the dome, but for only a short time. It was very exciting. You might even see the howlers during their early evening stroll.

The Casa Corazon del Mar was perfect for our stay. Don’t forget your bug spray. We used essential oils and they worked fine. Don’t forget a flashlight. It gets really dark in the jungle. Coming from the city you don’t really realize how dark it can get out here. You will need it to traverse the trail to the dome, but John always turned on the outdoor light, so we knew we were heading in the right direction, to our little hobbit home in a jungle paradise. Pura Vida!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Staying in the Rain Forest.
Liked least: No ice cubes.
Apr 18, 2016
Thank you so much for choosing us. We are always so happy to provide a place for people like you and Christine to have a new experience. We hope to see you again in the future, we felt as though we were just getting to know you. All the best! I hope your weather is warming up!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing