For a couple of weeks me and my husband look for a hotel where to stay in Puerto Viejo for our anniversary and have the Lotus Garden in our minds.
After waiting for an email with some pics that were promise to us by a friendly lady, over the phone, which by the way we never get, we decide to stay for one night, which for us, was enough.
We must say that the hotel is quite a disappointment, although is a very unique structure, that for us with a little TLC it will become the gem that is hidden now.
In general some walls looks dirty, there were cockroaches, which i scare to death. Some mice makes us acknowledge their presence with noises during the night, the bed was incredible hard and uncomfortable. The bathroom has this huge bathtub that didn't work, and the halls floors are dirty as well.
We must say that our stay was worth because at our arrive we met the owner Raul, who is a very, incredible friendly person, making our stay lovely and warm. He gave us tips and information about the area, and also about some hidden places around the area as well.
In general this hotel is worth to stay for a night or two if you get a great room. Unfortunately not our case
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Relax and enjoy on Costa Rica's Caribbean coast in our Japanese style suites and gardens. A friendly and attentive staff, a pleasant garden with swimming pool and the beautiful ambiance of The Lotus Garden restaurant will make your stay with us unforgettable." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The Lotus Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lotus Garden (Jordan`s Jacuzzi Suites) Hotel Puerto Viejo
- The Lotus Garden Costa Rica/Limon