“A MUST MISS!”
Review of The Lotus Garden

The Lotus Garden
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The property is in sad need of updating & repairs. My jacuzzi suite was dark, sheets were dingy, towels frayed.. Balconey was nice but the one chair was filthy and the table was covered with some type of animal droppings. The room was on the 2nd floor and there were no lights working at night which made for a hazardous climb to the room & next to impossible to see where to put the key! When I complained David told me they had to get an electrician and it might be a couple of days. When I complained again Pam (who was very helpful) lent me a flashlight and then proceeded to balance herself on a tall barstool and change the lightbulb! So much for the story about needing an electrician. The pool area was not conducive to sitting outside - the chairs were filthy and broken and the pool had green algae growing and was obviously not cleaned for some time. After many attempts to contact the owners/managers (who obviously did not care at all about the sad state of this property) I was able to move without a penalty for the nights I had reserved. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$ HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay anywhere but at the lotus!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank nng88

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Loved this great restaurant and hotel! I went in for some shade, sushi and bit of book reading. The food was superb and the ambiance soothing. Music was perfect and the beautiful drinks served by David were the best I had in PV. I was so impressed with the service and attention to detail that I moved from my current hotel to stay the next two nights here. The room was clean, huge and the shower was clean and hot! I finally exhaled when I landed here and wish I had booked here to start..Did I mention my room was a mere $60 per night. I felt very safe and this is important to me since I am single and travel alone. There were bars on the window and door to my cabin. It was quiet and peaceful at night. The beach was across the street and the staff helped me find everything I was looking to do, including the amazing Jaguar Conservation Center. Be sure to meet David he is charming and a wonderful host. I will be returning to this hotel with more time and look forward to relaxing in this serene environment.

Room Tip: There is not too much difference between the $40 and the $60 rooms- so if you are on a budget go for...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joy D
Reviewed January 24, 2013

It is a typical costa rican hotel bit outdated but a good value for the location( 90 $ for the Geisha room with jacuzzi) Yes they have visiting sloth we were told by the neighboors they can have up to 5 , we saw just one ( awesome). Staff very friendly we got 2 rooms so they gave us a free mattres in one room( in one room the jacuzzi wasn t working ) We just ate breakfeast there ok and good price. Owerall if you want to stay closer to the night action and don't want to sleep in a really cheap place it is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We found this hotel by accident after a disaster at another hostel nearby. The gardens are beautiful, with a small pool and sloths in the trees. The cabins are secluded and well kept. The accommodation is fairly basic but very good value ($40 for triple room at new year) and worth every penny for the first hot, powerful showers we had had in a long time. You do not get WIFI in the cabins but you can get it in the restaurant. The staff and owner were friendly and knew their stuff and the food was great. The breakfast was delicious and the sushi is a fantastic deal. It is just outside the main part of town to be a nice getaway but close enough to be near the action.
It changed our trip that was going so badly, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

What a great place to go and relax. The pool and gardens were beautiful and the Geisha room was just what I was looking for. The staff and management were very helpful and friendly and the sushi was GREAT! Will defiantly be back and recommend to friends!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My friends and I had their $20 all you can eat sushi and went to town. It was delicious food prepared by professional staff. Their service was also very friendly and polite. I had never been to a restaurant who serves AYCE sushi, and you might think with a deal like this the quality might be diminished, but this is not the case. It's still as good as ever.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2012

there are a lot of accommodations in puerto viejo but my favourite that i have stayed at has always been Lotus Garden: Jordan Jacuzzi suites. They're reasonably priced, big, spacious and super clean. The staff is amazing and kind...and super helpful with whatever you may need. The rooms are big...the pool is a great escape from the busy beach, and right at the side of the restaurant. The asian fusion style food is well prepared and jordan knows what he is doing when creating the menu. the food is top notch.. the tilapia was always my favourite. When eating in puerto viejo, check out lotus garden! you wont be disapointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends