See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Cashew Hills is a gem!

Authentic Costa Rican rustic, a green oasis (including sloths!) and still close to town.

Toby, Edwin and Sean hosted the best Christmas pot-luck dinner ever!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pablo S
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We loved this place! It was comfortable and we felt very much at home. We had visits every day from geckos of all sizes. They especially liked hanging out in the shower. The property is very rustic, open to the jungle, so its not for the 'princess' crowd. The whole property is on the edge of the jungle so there were monkeys, sloths and of course land crabs. It is a very short walk into town. The owners were so helpful, giving us hints for our of the way places to check out. And their son gave my son and his girlfriend surfing lessons. They have a lovely pool but the ocean is so close we just walked there everyday. The town is small and quaint full of friendly people. Beautiful place at a great price. We would happily recommend Cashew Hill and will definitely return one day!

Room Tip: Individual cottages - there are no bad rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy V
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I came to Cashew Hill with the intention of staying two days in Puerto Viejo and ended up staying my whole vacation. It was just too beautiful to leave. Everything there was amazing, the people, the jungle, waking up to sloths and monkeys, the magnificient yoga deck with view to the ocean surrounded by jungletrees with hummingbirds flying by during the magnificient morning and sunste yoga sessions. I felt as if I came home. I was able to relax completly and if I wanted some action the manager would always help setting up activities from surfing to day trips to the Bribri villages or trips to Bocas del Toro in Panama. You can go there, lay back and let the magic take place itself.
Every night we had spontanouse donation based dinner with different delicious food, fresh pipas throughout the day and different jungle friuts to pick on the way to you cabin. I will surely come back, as soon as I can! The location of Cashew Hill is very convenient, you can walk to the village of puerto viejo and different types of restaurants but still you live in the jungle! This place is paradise. Thank you Sean and Sorrel for making my time in Costa Rica so special!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lola123121
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful vacation in CR spent at Cashew Hill. Great location in that you're tucked back far enough into the jungle to be surrounded by the nature of the area but still walking distance to town. Sean the manager and everyone else were very friendly and helpful. Also really liked having the full kitchen and the 2nd story patio complete with hammock. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I could not have had a better experience of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica. I experienced the best beaches, the best yoga, the best Puerto Viejo,Limon, Costa Rica experience. Nestled up in the tranquility of Cashew Hill, everything was clean and everyone was super helpful. Whether you're planning to surf to hike to bike or bus your definitely bound to experience the best of this beautiful part of Central America.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family