See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I came to Cashew Hill with the intention of staying two days in Puerto Viejo and ended up staying my whole vacation. It was just too beautiful to leave. Everything there was amazing, the people, the jungle, waking up to sloths and monkeys, the magnificient yoga deck with view to the ocean surrounded by jungletrees with hummingbirds flying by during the magnificient morning and sunste yoga sessions. I felt as if I came home. I was able to relax completly and if I wanted some action the manager would always help setting up activities from surfing to day trips to the Bribri villages or trips to Bocas del Toro in Panama. You can go there, lay back and let the magic take place itself.
Every night we had spontanouse donation based dinner with different delicious food, fresh pipas throughout the day and different jungle friuts to pick on the way to you cabin. I will surely come back, as soon as I can! The location of Cashew Hill is very convenient, you can walk to the village of puerto viejo and different types of restaurants but still you live in the jungle! This place is paradise. Thank you Sean and Sorrel for making my time in Costa Rica so special!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lola123121
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful vacation in CR spent at Cashew Hill. Great location in that you're tucked back far enough into the jungle to be surrounded by the nature of the area but still walking distance to town. Sean the manager and everyone else were very friendly and helpful. Also really liked having the full kitchen and the 2nd story patio complete with hammock. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I could not have had a better experience of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica. I experienced the best beaches, the best yoga, the best Puerto Viejo,Limon, Costa Rica experience. Nestled up in the tranquility of Cashew Hill, everything was clean and everyone was super helpful. Whether you're planning to surf to hike to bike or bus your definitely bound to experience the best of this beautiful part of Central America.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here traveling solo on my first visit to Puerto Viejo, which is where I now live. Cashew Hill is walking distance to downtown Puerto Viejo, set atop a hill in the jungle with a constant cool ocean breeze & a very tranquil feel. It's cozy & pretty quiet. Feels like a small, private gated community. There is a pool & lounging areas, nice gardens with resident sloths and a beautiful yoga platform looking out over Caribe Sur. They offer daily classes and yoga retreat programs, with amazing instructors for such a remote locale.

As a natural chef I love to be able to cook my own healthy meals & each of their 7 bungalows have their own full kitchen. The weekly organic farmers market is walking distance away, as well as the fish market & grocery store. There are some very good, healthy restaurants nearby too. Cashew Hill also offers fresh coffee every morning, cold coconuts & fresh local fruit. I ate very well while I was here. :)

The managers are very friendly & accommodating, they help you easily with arranging adventures & travel. It is a place you come to visit for a few days & end up staying for... I now live here. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed in the Playa Negra cottage in June 2013. The bathrooms smelled really bad, particularly the south bathroom, where the toilet seat was cracked. In general, the bathrooms were not particularly clean. There was a dead gecko on the small bed in the north bedroom. The pillow to that bed also smelled bad. The bedding generally was not fresh. The plastic cover under the pillow cases made me feel like I was sleeping on bubble paper. When I arrived and stepped out of the car, there was a big steaming dog turd right next to my foot in the driveway. The property has a large dog that the manager, Sean, failed to clean up after. Finally, the ants. In the middle of the night there was an attack of big black ants. They crawled all over and under our bed, including under the Mosquito netting. When I brought Sean to the room and showed him, he offered us another room, but it too was crawling with ants.

Ultimately, my wife and I got into bed with our boys in their cramped beds and spent a miserable night. We left after that first night. Over the past two years, I've spent six weeks in Costa Rica and never once left a hotel early...until now.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family