My wife and I stayed at this really wonderful place for our 25th anniversary. This place was perfect for us as we love wildlife,hiking, and prefer to stay in unique places like this. Our cottage had a full kitchen for cooking and just out our front deck was a beautiful view of the beach called Playa Negra. We cooked dinner almost every night and watched the sunset right over the beach and jungle. I know we were on the Caribbean and face east but somehow we got an amazing sunset almost every night. I enjoyed reading in the hammock and watching the toucans and other beautiful birds that were all around us. We even got to see a humming birds nest with a baby humming bird in it.
The property and gardens are amazing and because it is located on a small hill there was a really nice breeze. During the day it was really hot but surprisingly the temperature drop a LOT at night. With the fans on at night we actually had to ask Edwin the host for an extra set of sheets. Edwin was so nice and helpful. He helped us book tours and answered all of the questions we could think of. As a previous review mentioned there were no safes in the cottages but we asked Edwin and lucky they had a safe at the main lodge for guests to use. We locked up our passports and camera. Whenever we needed our camera we asked Edwin and he would retrieve it for us right away. One thing I was completely surprised about was that we had better internet there in the jungle then I do in our house in the city. It rained really hard one night and I think we lost the connection for a few hours but that was the only issue we had with it.
This was our first trip to Costa Rica so were were a little apprehensive and worried about security. There is alot of scary information out there about Puerto Veijo so we didnt know what to expect. Once we arrived we immediately were able to relax. The property was completely fenced in and only the guests were able to come and go with a key. While we were in town we looked at some of the other places that we almost stayed at and we couldn't have been more happy with our choice. We only stayed one week this trip but we cant wait to stay for two or three weeks next time. Keep up the good work guys! See you soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cashew Hill is an out of the ordinary place, just minutes by foot, from the center of Puerto Viejo. Walk up the path by the soccer field and find a sanctuary like no other. Glorious gardens with tropical plants of every type, birds of every color, butterflies, sloths, kinkajous, ocean views, ocean breezes and... Cozy cottages, designed with comfort and harmony in mind, await you. Cashew Hill has seven cottages designed with fully equipped kitchens, sleeping rooms, living areas... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages Costa Rica/Limon