“Vida Amorosa”

Tierra de Suenos Lodge
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Tierra de Suenos was a blast. Great location, food, beds and wildlife. Brendan and Angie are wonderful hosts and can accomodate you with a number of acitivities in the area, I especially enjoyed the kayak surfing bro! I would not hesitate to head back to TDS in a heart beat. It is a great environment to chill out and enjoy some tasty waves of the beautiful caribbean. The beaches are simply gorgeous.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
tierradesuenoslodge, Front Office Manager at Tierra de Suenos Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

thank you for the great review. we are happy that you found a place to meet your needs and experience a jungle/ocean adventure. we look forward to seeing you again in the future. sincerely, tierra de suenos

There are newer reviews for Tierra de Suenos Lodge

Reviewed July 11, 2008

I can HIGHLY recommend Tierra de Suenos, if you're looking to get back to nature (but don't want to sacrifice hot water, fluffy towels and comfortable mattresses!) then this place is the perfect middle ground!

The cabins are excellent quality and secluded enough to feel like your own little place in the jungle. Highlights for me were the sloths that hang out on the property, trying to spot the frogs hiding in the rain, and the peace and quiet set a little way away from the bustle of the main strip.

A bit of a home from home, i was very comfortable hanging out in my hammock and the breakfasts definitely go down well. Angie and Brendan made it feel like a special holiday for us, a big bonus is their flexibility and friendliness.

Our lovely hosts also have excellent local knowledge, highlights are the Manzanillo reserve just 20 minutes away and some great beach spots and restaurants.

Definitely go for it, and if you're the kind of person who wonders why the ants can't be re-routed..... well that's what Costa Rica is all about, bugs and beautiful birds alike! Of all the places i stayed in Costa Rica, I really enjoyed Tierra de Suenos' wildlife and feeling like i really was in a jungle lodge, rather than a manicured lawn and concrete jungle.

Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

thank you for the great review. we are happy you found tierra de suenos a place to meet all your comfort needs with a jungle experience. we look forward to seeing you in the future. pura vida, tierra de suenos

Reviewed July 9, 2008

This year I was lucky enough to have a 3 month break between jobs and I returned to Central America to visit friends (I lived and taught in Honduras 2 years ago.) I decided to end my trip on the beach in Costa Rica. I had never been to the Carribbean side and wanted to check it out. I ended up spending two beautiful and relaxing weeks at Tierra de Suenos in Playa Chiquita.

For me it was the perfect way to end a trip filled with long bus rides, early mornings of volunteering, and staying in not-so-nice Central American hotels.Tierra de Suenos was a oasis from busy, dusty, hot, and dry Central America, yet it is not a walled in, all-inclusive, disney-like resort. It is the real thing.

Every morning I woke up in my bungalow to sounds of the jungle: toucans calling, sloths whistling, monkies howling. The bungalow had more than I could ask for: Hot/cold water, a COMFY bed, consistant electricity(for Central America) and it was very clean. I can't tell you how many places I've stayed and paid more for that don't have these things. Also I really appreciated the artistic touches like the hand carved furniture, mosiacs, and murals. The bungalows are truly beautiful as is the enitre property. You can tell it is cared for and maintained with love.

Angie and Brendan were so hospitable and knowledgeable; they made me feel right at home in Playa Chiquita. Their breakfasts were great. I especially loved how they incorporated so much of the fresh fruit that grows on their property.

As for the location, you can't ask for much more. It is in the jungle and literally minutes by foot from some of the most pristine and gorgeous beaches I have ever seen. You can rent bikes and in 20 minutes be hiking in a nature preserve or eating delicious food in downtown Puerto Viejo. You really don't even need to leave Playa Chiquita. I spent two weeks there, going to yoga in the morning, the beach/snorkling mid day and exploring new restaurants in the evening. I didn't even get a chance to do any of the awsome jungle tours or excursions the area has to offer even though they would have picked me up right at Tierra de Suenos!

Central America is a place I will always come back to. Tierra de Suenos is a spot I can't wait to share with my boyfriend, family and friends. It is truly special and now that I'm working again I will take my 2 weeks vacation there!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
tierradesuenoslodge, General Manager at Tierra de Suenos Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

thank you for the beautiful and informative response. we are happy you found a place to meet all of your needs. we look forward to seeing you again in the future. sincerely, tierra de suenos

Reviewed June 20, 2008

Perfect place for anyone in a jungle paradise! Best bang for your buck. Cabinas are beautiful and very well kept. Breakfast and great hosts. All good things at Tierra de Suenos!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

thank you for the outstanding review. we are glad you enjoyed your time here at tierra de suenos. we hope to see you again. tierra de suenos

Reviewed May 15, 2008

I have been meaning to write this review for sometime. I want to begin by saying Angie and Brendon are two wonderful hosts. They made us feel like family. We loved getting up every morning and having the delicious breakfast, they would freshly prepare. The property is very green and lush. Lots of beautiful flowers and exotic plants. The bungalows are eco friendly and intimate. We experience a couple of rainy days on our vacation, but being in such beautiful surroundings and listening to the rain forest, made even the rainy days a pleasureable experience. Tierra de Suenos is a great place to relax, enjoy nature, walk to the beach, ride a bike or lay in bed all day and enjoy a great book on tape.
Speaking of great beds!!! The beds at Tierra de Suenos are the best in Puerto Viejo!!! We heard other travelers complain about the concrete beds at other inns around town. We felt so lucky to have this luxury. Well, if you are looking for a week or two in paradise, stay with Angie and Brendon at Tierra de Suenos and you will want to go back every year!!! See you next year!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
tierradesuenoslodge, Front Office Manager at Tierra de Suenos Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Hello there,

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are more than happy to help and glad we were able to make your stay comfortable. We agree, the nature and walk to the beautiful beach is always a pleasure. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 7, 2008

We arrived from Dublin on the 8th of march and Angie, the owner welcomed us like friends.
Angie and Brandon have done everything they could to make our stay (our honey moon by the way) as much comfortable as they could and it was a real success.
Their lodge is located 6km from Puerto Viejo which is walking distance from one of the most beautiful beach the Caribbean part of Costa Rica has to offer: playa chiquita. Beautiful bungalow, good food, good company and a charming resort in the middle of the jungle are the best recipe of an unforgettable trip. Thanks to both of you, muchos besos and buena suerte

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank Destinationmonde

Hello,

We are very happy that we were able to make your honeymoon dreams come true! And thank you for the outstanding review! We hope that you will remember your time here always. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 31, 2008

This Land of Dreams definitely lives up to its name. As a group of 7, I'm sure we were quite a lot of work to accommodate, but Brendan and Angie truly made us feel at home. Set in a lush jungle, yet well-maintained, setting, relaxing like sloths in your own hammock is a breeze. The private bungalows and casita were built to perfection, and the towels and beds, as everyone says, really are the most comfortable in all of Costa Rica.

We were served a delicious and varied home-cooked breakfast with fresh fruit and coffee each morning, and were sent off to explore the area with helpful advice from the owners. They will meet your needs in any way they can. The beach is just a short 2-3 minute walk through a really cool jungle path. They also have bikes, surfboards, and snorkel gear for those who want to see the rest of the area (Puerto Viejo and Manzanillo are both about 20 minutes away), catch some waves in the beautiful Caribbean Sea, or see all the tropical fish and coral.

Make sure you bring your camera to capture the resident sloths, hummingbirds, and other tropical wildlife right on the lodge's grounds! Again, Angie & Brendan truly made this experience incredible for us. Stay at Tierra de Suenos if you're anywhere near Puerto Viejo and explore the beauty this region has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank merkin1378

Hi there,

Wow! Thank you for the review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here. Please don't worry about coming in a large group, we love to meet as many people as we can. The more the merrier!

Hope to see you again!