I stayed at kaya's for three nights with two persons in the 4-bed room with a shared bathroom for 30 dollars/night.
First start with the positives:
- great location, on a few minuten walking from town, right on the beach
- cool big balconies with big hammocks
Sounds great huh? Well unfortunelately not;
- our room was not only musky (like lonely planet said) but Very dirty and everything smelled of dirty feet. The curtains had horrible stains and the cushons smelled really bad.
- there was one working shower (cold) for a lot of people. Lots of fungus around and was not clean.
- the service was really bad. After three days i Asked for a new towel (had to use the Same all the time) but didn't get any. Also, constantly the toilet paper was out. I was given a few paper napkins when i Asked about it. The second night there were not even paper napkins.
- it's terribly over priced. We paid 30 dollars but Spoke to a lot of people in town who had better rooms with private bathroom and paid less.
Kaya's place probably was a great place 20 years ago. I guess They didn't invest any in it (Come on guys, some new curtains and pillows - what are the cost?!). I would not recommend This place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Door is Always Open at Kaya's Place... Kaya's Place is a 26 room lodge on the stunning Black Beach in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica. Built in the Afro-Caribbean "Rustico" style, the hotel is artistic and unique. Local woods and materials have been used in their natural state, making each room different and beautiful. Every space you encounter will be a pleasurable experience. The sound of the waves is always in the background, soothing and tranquil, guaranteed to take you away from the stress of everyday life. Inside the hotel, you will find many places to relax. The reception area is more like a living room, with a gigantic sofa, television, people to chat with and view of the ocean. The large deck upstairs has a wonderful ocean view with hammocks and sofas - perfect for reading or taking a siesta. In the back, gardens line the walkway, filled with local plants and flowers. A covered sitting area in the garden offers another opportunity to meet and enjoy the company of others while you stay with us. Our restaurant is spacious and open with view of the ocean and a small creek with fish, water lilies, crab and other water life. Located in Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean Coast, the area is blessed with natural beauty in the form of dense jungle with impressive flora and fauna and some of the world's most beautiful beaches. Kaya's Place is part of the growing eco-tourism industry that supports the preservation of almost 2 million square meters of primary rainforest. Taxes from this industry support the many national reserves and efforts to maintain the natural resources. We are dedicated to preserving these resources while sharing it with all the people that come to know this amazingly beautiful part of Costa Rica. Our recent renovation of Kaya's Place was completed with the same philosophy. No lumber or materials were taken from the primary rainforest. Much was recycled wood or dead fall from local farms and lumber that had washed up from the ocean and rivers. With these natural and renewable materials, we achieved a unique character with rustic and artistic designs. Also all the walls are painted by hand, with many details and awesome drawings. BE OUR ECO-GUEST Our Door is Always Open at Kaya's Place - We Hope to See You Soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Kaya's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaya`s Place Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Kayas Place Puerto Viejo
- Kayas Place Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Kaya's Place Costa Rica/Limon