Kaya's Place
Hotel Escape Caribeno(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
$68
$195
$136
Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
$98
$78
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Banana Azul(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
$104
Hotel Boutique Indalo(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
$65
Priceline
Hotel La Costa de Papito(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
$88
Umami Hotel(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)
$114
$111
Travelocity
Hotel Maritza(Puerto Viejo de Talamanca)(Great Value!)
$63
Travelocity
Hotel Yare(Cocles)
$50
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscraft beerthe ownerpata negrain towngreat beerthe black sand beachcosta ricaprivate bathroomtop bunkpura vidarent a bikestayed two nightscool placelaid backcentral americajtbrewery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Kaya's Place is a perfect beachfront chill pad. Located right on Playa Negro, you can take a swim first thing in the morning. The on site pizzaria features fresh made on site bread dough and sauce. The bartender makes fabulous mojitos, fresh crushed mint and rum. About 200 m from town, you avoid the noise of th clubs, but close enough if you want to go hang out. Room prices are flexible for the budget traveler or student.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We found Kaya's Place to be a relaxed and comfortable place to stay. It is slightly out of town which we liked and we would walk in - it only took a few minutes. It is rustic and cozy. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peacedoc
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I felt like I found a home here. It was just so relaxed and welcoming. I actually left because when I first booked they didn't have availability for my whole stay in PV, but something opened up and I left my second place after simply taking a shower and came back! My first room was small with a bunk bed, but very clean and even a lot quieter than I expected. The air flow and fans kept it pretty cool. The hammocks upstairs are fantastic for relaxing or taking a nap. The view and proximity to a beautiful beach are great as well. When I returned, I had a garden apartment in the back. if you need more room and don't mind spending a little more (but really not much), this place is huge with a small kitchen and a/c and pretty secluded. Everything was spotless... both rooms, bathrooms, bar, reception... everywhere was clean and tidy. The cat was friendly and the huge dog was the biggest baby I ever saw. The bartender was not only friendly but very helpful and informative. The beautiful young woman at the front was sweet as could be and I enjoyed working together on her english and my spanish. Owner was a nice guy who made me feel extremely welcome. Will definitely stay here on my next trip!

Room Tip: Garden rooms are isolated and huge!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank WanderingTexan62
Reviewed December 21, 2011

JT and the Kaya's Place staff ~ I left Kaya's this morning at 6 am, didn't get a chance to say a proper good-bye to all of you. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in PV. The home-like warmth and welcome of Kaya's Place staff, Franke and the kitchen crew all made my stay at Kaya's Place a pleasurable enjoyment. The rooms for my group were well cared for, clean and comfortable, the A/C worked and the hot showers, when needed, were functioning fine. You guys rock!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with A/C... a rare find in a reasonably priced hotel in PV.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jadewahoo
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I had a super stay at Kaya's Place! Franke is there running the Bar & Restaurant on the property and the food was superb! Great Service, Staff, and Value! See you again soon! I will be back!

Megan