I have only positive things to say about Puerto Viejo, my husband and I love the culture, the food, the people. Our stay at the treehouse however was nearly ruined by the inhospitable owner. He came to our beach house, didn't knock, and reproached us for having our shoes on (sandals on hardwood floors)... Then, later that night, as we were cleaning dishes, the water shut off, we couldn't clean, and even more of a bummer, we couldn't use the jacuzzi everyone raves about! And on leaving after our stay, the owner actually threatened to charge us more for not cleaning even though HE never once offered a solution to the water having shut off!
My skin still crawls when I think of the arrogant rudeness of the owner.
Just a warning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only tree house right on the beach of the southern Caribbean of Costa Rica. This is your best nature hotel and romantic hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Tree House Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree House Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tree House Lodge Costa Rica/Limon