I stayed for a few days in the beach suite, a three bedroom house with a yellow submarine bathroom. A delight. Just a 30 second walk to the beach, and nature all around.
The bathroom really is the center piece of of the house - a huge Dali-esque structure that is the size of most people's apartments.
While I agree that this type of accommodation is 'not for everyone', this is no excuse not to keep it properly maintained. The house needs redecoration, and some renovation, throughout. Lighting is poor in the main lounge area.
The staff were discreet and very helpful.
All in all a great pleasure and a charming oasis away from the increasingly tacky encroachments of development along this strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only tree house right on the beach of the southern Caribbean of Costa Rica. This is your best nature hotel and romantic hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Tree House Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree House Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tree House Lodge Costa Rica/Limon