We stayed in the tree house July '12- It was a vacation we will not forget! The tree house was amazing- the wood and designs were very clever! The vacation removed us all from our usually electronic devices- although we did have internet. We would ride our bikes to the beach or to one of the many amazing restaurants in the area. Then we would spend our evenings playing cards and listening to the critters in the jungle and be on the watch out for large bugs. We aren't a camping family so it took us out of our comfort zone, but we had some great laughs at each other when we got surprised by a giant grass hoppers. The hosts were very friendly and helped us organize trips and make recommendations. The only negative- they had some guests that were switching to our tree house our last night and they came and yelled at us for not having moved. We had been waiting for the beach house to be cleaned and had been ready to switch from 10am. Time moves a little slower in Costa Rica and the hosts handled the rude guests.
We left Costa Rica loving the people, food and our tree house in the jungle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only tree house right on the beach of the southern Caribbean of Costa Rica. This is your best nature hotel and romantic hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Tree House Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree House Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tree House Lodge Costa Rica/Limon