Truly enjoyed our experience at the Tree House Lodge in July, where we stayed 6 nights for our 20-year anniversary. Lovely accommodations in a gorgeous, natural setting...we felt as much a part of the jungle as we could get while still being completely taken care of! Martin was just wonderful, incredibly helpful and completely on top of everything, and he and Caleb were full of terrific ideas and recommendations!
It's not a typical luxury resort, even though we felt pampered...if you want all the latest electronics, don't want to get close to any wildlife, and prefer servants everywhere, it's probably not the place for you. But the accommodations are well-conceived and well-built, and maintained with obvious pride, and there are AMAZING restaurants in the area - I had no idea we'd eat so well! There's also plenty to do, especially if you go when the seas are calm. The zip-line was an incredible experience, and so was the Jaguar Rescue Center, where a monkey crawled into my arms!! It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
The only reason I didn't give it 5 starts is the price point, even though the Garden House where we stayed is the least expensive. It is RIGHT ON the road, which makes it quite noisy anytime a car goes by, taking away from the peace of the experience. Also, all the units are quite large, which is really not what we needed, given that there were only two of us. We felt that the privacy was worth the extra price, but we were expecting more noise from the howler monkeys than the road, which wasn't the case.
All in all, this was our first trip to Central America, and it was a simply remarkable adventure. When my son gets old enough to appreciate (and not accidentally threaten) the wildlife, we'll take him!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only tree house right on the beach of the southern Caribbean of Costa Rica. This is your best nature hotel and romantic hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Tree House Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree House Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tree House Lodge Costa Rica/Limon