I have to say the saving grace of this hotel was the staff. They were very concerned with our well-being. When we arrived, there wasn't anyone there to greet us or point us in the tight direction. No reception area was available. Our bus driver finally tracked someone down who was working on another house on the property. He came to show us around and he was extremely nice. We stayed in the tree house. It was really a cool experience to be out in the open. However, we had some concerns. The tree house was too large for 2 people. The bathroom that is pictured on the website was really meat but it was close to another house and I was afraid someone could hear or see in. The bugs were really bad and the nets on the bed didn't keep them out. That was kind of fun until we found a lizard in the bed. I definitely agree with the other reviews that the grounds were terribly run down. We felt like there was construction going on everywhere. We didn't have help with the jacuzzi like the owner states in his other reviews. In fact, there wasn't anyone to be found after 8:00 pm. The town is about 15 minutes away and goes cost a bit of money to get there. The restaurants that are nearby are open limited hours. Most of them werent open for lunch. We got back after dark a few nights and there wasnt any light to get to our room. There were a few dogs that live on the property. We used them to get us there. The breakfast was great. We were served a lot if fresh ingredients from the area. There are much nicer and less expensive hotels in the area. I recommend staying in puerto viejo. I just want to repeat that the staff here was very nice and hospitable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only tree house right on the beach of the southern Caribbean of Costa Rica. This is your best nature hotel and romantic hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Tree House Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree House Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tree House Lodge Costa Rica/Limon