“Coming over for hooneymoon”

Hotel Boutique Indalo
harstad
“Coming over for hooneymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Has been looking around in the caribian sea for a honeymoon destination. Had a friend that took his last highschool year in Costa Rica and was very satisfied. We do also have a couple of Costa Rican premierleague soccerplayers over here in Norway. I just can`t lie around in an tiny caribbian island, I need to be able to rent a car or a motorbike and getaround to see stuff. Hopefully a trip over to Panama will be possible, If I dont have to apply for a visa a year ahead. As of course can be done. The reviews yours hotel gets makes me certain that this will be the perfect honeymoon destination, as soon I figure out the best route by plane. Got meself to Uruguay and Bolivia a couple of yeard ago, though.
Cheers Eivind Ottar Hanssen

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank -eivindOttar
Cristina C, Owner at Hotel Boutique Indalo, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
It will be a pleasure!! Please let me know whatever you need: hboutiqueindalo@gmail.com
Cristina!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hebrew first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hotel Indalo is a true gem in Puerto Viejo. Our group was brought to this place after arriving at a very bad hotel outside Puerto Viejo. The owner's and staff went out of there way to help our group settle in and make sure all was covered with our needs. Our trip would not have been the same without their help. It was a blessing to have found our way to Hotel Boutique Indalo. Real beds, Hot water, Mold Free, Clean, and Beautiful. The environment was so calm and quiet as well as being in town. You can walk everywhere really easily. Plus they can serve you breakfast and there are great rocking chairs to sit in as well as a loveable dog named Leo. Overall our group got to spend about two weeks at this spot..We left for a jungle retreat and then came back after it was over. Thankful to see friendly faces, have a clean jungle free bedroom, and get some lovely dryer helped laundry done. Totally a gem. Highly Recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms are great! They do have two rooms for three people.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Destination J
Hello Amy,
It was great having you at Indalo and hope to see you soon. For us also has been a really great experience working with the group!
Thank you!!!!!! and you have your home at the Caribe!
Cristina.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was traveling with a group of people and we made two stops here during our stay in Costa Rica. Our hosts were incredibly nice and helpful, they even let me borrow their bike to run an errand in town once I had returned my bike for the day. The rooms are very clean and modern feeling, I love the white walls and ceilings. They have the greatest little dog there and common area to hang out during your stay. I would absolutely recommend Hotel Indalo to anyone planning on visiting Puerto Viejo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lauren S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a lovely 3 days in indalo and would recommend it as a great value place to stay in puerto viejo. The rooms were simply but stylishly designed and very comfortable, the location was awesome just a 5 min walk to hussle & bustle of town but quiet and relaxing.

The owners were so helpful and friendly, giving us advice on places to go and helping us book flights to bocas.

Would stay here if I was in puerto viejo. Thanks

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Carlos, Christina and Maria were all so helpful and friendly. The location is perfect - close to everything in town but also back from the Main Street, in a quiet spot surrounded by jungle. The breakfast was delicious and great value- way better than what you could buy around town. I would definitely stay here again if I am lucky enough to go back to puerto viejo. Paradise. Thanks for making our stay awesome! :)

• Stayed June 2013
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is fantastic, the architecture is very different for the área, kind of minimalistic style and I loved it.
The rooms are big, comfortable and very cute. The location is great, just 2 blocks from the beach and bars and restaurants, in a quiet Street ... I really valued the silence over there when I wanted to sleep.
I travelled on my own and the owners made feel home, gave me advices of what to do and where to go and stay with me and other guests having a beer and talking about life every night, was like being with friends.
Breakfast are amazing (huge and tasty!)
Totally recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

PROS
Great modern design and approach
Close to the town, 5 minute walk

CONS
No air conditioning
No screens on windows thus no air circulation, very hot stale air
Balconies all face each other, limited privacy
Limited and dirty kitchen
Charge $6 for laundry, but all clothing still dirty
Way too thick pillows, asking for next day neck pain

This "hotel" is less than a year old and perhaps this is the reason of the oversight but it should be addressed. No A/C and no screens on the windows makes for an awful sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Courtney D
Cristina C, Propietario at Hotel Boutique Indalo, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear guest,
First of all my apologies for your experience at Hotel Boutique Indalo, but I want to explain you somethings:
- The kitchen is NOT for the guest, just for the owners or long term visitors. It is NOT a comun kitchen as I think you supposed but didnt ask. It is limited, but not dirty at all. We dont offer the service of comun kitchen anywhere.
- About the Air con: It is a service that we dont offer, so when you book the room you know it already.
- The screens, now we have it!! Little by little we are doing arrangements.
- About the hot, we are in the caribean, and it is hot. I gave you 2 fans, normally it is enough, but of course, this area is really hot sometimes.
- The pillows, is not easy to know in advance which pillow does our clients like. But if you have told me this, of course, we have tried to fix it.
- The laundry service, of course we had a problem in the whole town with the water, it was not clean, so the clothes neither. But I knew this when you have gone and tried to give your money back. Sorry for that.