“Had a great stay here- miss it already!”

Hotel Boutique Indalo
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Carlos, Christina and Maria were all so helpful and friendly. The location is perfect - close to everything in town but also back from the Main Street, in a quiet spot surrounded by jungle. The breakfast was delicious and great value- way better than what you could buy around town. I would definitely stay here again if I am lucky enough to go back to puerto viejo. Paradise. Thanks for making our stay awesome! :)

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is fantastic, the architecture is very different for the área, kind of minimalistic style and I loved it.
The rooms are big, comfortable and very cute. The location is great, just 2 blocks from the beach and bars and restaurants, in a quiet Street ... I really valued the silence over there when I wanted to sleep.
I travelled on my own and the owners made feel home, gave me advices of what to do and where to go and stay with me and other guests having a beer and talking about life every night, was like being with friends.
Breakfast are amazing (huge and tasty!)
Totally recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

PROS
Great modern design and approach
Close to the town, 5 minute walk

CONS
No air conditioning
No screens on windows thus no air circulation, very hot stale air
Balconies all face each other, limited privacy
Limited and dirty kitchen
Charge $6 for laundry, but all clothing still dirty
Way too thick pillows, asking for next day neck pain

This "hotel" is less than a year old and perhaps this is the reason of the oversight but it should be addressed. No A/C and no screens on the windows makes for an awful sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Courtney D
Cristina C, Propietario at Hotel Boutique Indalo, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear guest,
First of all my apologies for your experience at Hotel Boutique Indalo, but I want to explain you somethings:
- The kitchen is NOT for the guest, just for the owners or long term visitors. It is NOT a comun kitchen as I think you supposed but didnt ask. It is limited, but not dirty at all. We dont offer the service of comun kitchen anywhere.
- About the Air con: It is a service that we dont offer, so when you book the room you know it already.
- The screens, now we have it!! Little by little we are doing arrangements.
- About the hot, we are in the caribean, and it is hot. I gave you 2 fans, normally it is enough, but of course, this area is really hot sometimes.
- The pillows, is not easy to know in advance which pillow does our clients like. But if you have told me this, of course, we have tried to fix it.
- The laundry service, of course we had a problem in the whole town with the water, it was not clean, so the clothes neither. But I knew this when you have gone and tried to give your money back. Sorry for that.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed 6 nights at this hotel in June 2013 and I had a wonderful experience. Right from check in, I knew I would love this place. The owners are great, they gave me a very warm welcome and helped me with all sorts of information about the area and the amazing things that you can do in Puerto Viejo.
I travelled alone and I loved the big room, very clean and comfortable. I ended up having breakfast at the hotel everyday because it was delicious, thanks chef Carlos!
Overall it was a wonderful stay and a wonderful hotel - highly recommend staying here - especially since it is such great value for money. I'm definitely coming back in december for a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Carolina P
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Vincent and his family were very happy to help in anyway possible. The rooms were some of the best we have stayed in, although basic they were clean and felt homely! Some screens on the windows would be helpful with Mosquitos etc and also a shower curtain for the shower, al though the water going everywhere didn't really bother us, just a suggestion :-) add a tv for those rainy days when there isn't a lot to do and this would be perfect! Hopefully it doesn't always stay a dirt road that it is located on. Would happily stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed one night at Hotel Indalo in April 2013.

The place is near the beach and the main street where we booked the "Tortuguero 1 night tour" from Terraventuras for the next morning.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had the pleasure to stay in indlo for two weeks. There is a lot of good things to say about Puerto Viejo, and staying in Indalo is the best of them all. The owners, and their cute dog, are amazing hosts, with their good vibes they create a tranquil atmosphere and welcoming feeling.
The room itself is so beautiful! with urban-modern design but in the middle of nature, surrounded by jungle trees and sounds of monkeys and birds.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple