“favorite meals from Costa Rica”

Monli Bar Restaurante and Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, South American, Central American, Costa Rican, Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“favorite meals from Costa Rica”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was one of our favorite meals from Costa Rica it was in the beginning of our trip but still top in our minds.

This was where we had our first fruit shake and started a daily trend.
Papya with Milk amazing

My husband had a curry dish and I had the shrimp with garlic. I had read costa ricians like garlic and wow were they correct it was seriously the best dish I would go back and order it again multiple times a week if I could!!!

Love the place too its up stairs and we stat at the edge so the people watching was fun! This town was great we loved touring around on our bikes.

Very good food I would recommenced this to all!!!

Visited December 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent quality - slow service”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Starters and main dishes were really tasty. Drinks as well. View is great. Only thing to improve is preparation time. We were the first guests for lunch and waited almost 1 h for main course.

Visited December 2013
Oberlin, Ohio
“Fun atmosphere, decent food”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Went there for drinks and dinner, and the drink special that night was a bargain - two for one mojitos (and a couple of other drinks that I cannot remember). The alcoholic drinks were great and not at all watered down, and the food was good enough but not particularly memorable. The restaurant does, however, overlook the beach. I would recommend for the service, the drinks, and the overall atmosphere, but do not expect to be blown away by the food.

• Visited December 2013
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Nice presentation, great fried fish”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We came here for lunch and it was empty, although it was in between holidays and the town was pretty dead overall.

We wanted ceviche and it was on the menu so we went up. Ordered that along with some natural fruit drinks, tempura fish plate and the garlic shrimp plate. Unfortunately the waiter was completely under enthused which seemed odd considering we were the only ones there. A little kindness could go a long way. Just sayin'.... They do have a nice view being on the top floor across from the beach.

It took a long time to get the order and unfortunately the ceviche was raw. I had one bite and that was all I was interested in. It seemed they left that to make last instead of first because it wasn't even a 20 minute marinade look...I mean it was RAW. We didn't say anything for whatever reason, but we should have. That was a waste of money.

We had also ordered fries on the side of the fish plate which didn't come at all. Although the fish was outstanding and battered perfectly. I had ordered fried shrimp with garlic butter but they came out boiled, whole in a garlic butter sauce so I don't know if it was me or the waiter who got the fried part wrong. The shrimp were good but not really what I was expecting. They were whole so I had to take the heads off. The rice and beans served with it was dry. The drinks were good though. Salad was good.

Fairly expensive lunch but most restaurants there are...think the bill was around $50. Yikes.

• Visited December 2013
Vancouver
“BEST meal we had in Puerto Viejo!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We loved this restaurant!!! We spent a week in Puerto Viejo and ate out every night and this was by the far the best, and best priced meal we had! Also two for one drinks? Yes please. Yummmmmmy! Costa Rican! Delicious! We didn't even realize this place was here until the end of the week because it is upstairs, but our hotel (banana azul) recommended it to us and it was great! Loved our server too...forget his name but he said he was from Nicaragua...he was awesome. GO EAT HERE!

• Visited November 2013