“I'm a carnivor - but I loved the food”
Review of Zion Cafe - CLOSED

Zion Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I am not a vegan or vegetarian. I am a basic meat and potatoes kind of guy.

The smoothies and the salads were excellent. Everything tasted delicious.
I had a passion fruit smoothie with milk and my wife had the vegetable DETOX juice drink.

We shared the Green salad. Very tasety and it was well presented on the plate.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

The food was not that tasty. The chicken was way toooo dry. We all order the same so i can't judeg the rest of the menu. The smoothies was realy nice.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great place for lunch, many interesting and healthy options, great fresh salads and vegetables. I perticularly enjoyed the jerkek fish tacos. Service was very friendly. Good value. Highly recommended.

(try to sit upstairs though since the lower part can get flooded)

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I ate at Zion Cafe on our first day in Puerto Viejo. We like to eat healthy, so it was great to find this place. Delicious wraps full of vegetables and avocados with some tasty sauces, plus a refreshing smoothie. Price very reasonable. Michelle, the owner, was friendly and courteous. Check it out when you visit!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I've eaten lunch and dinner numerous times over the years, both with the previous owner, Tina, and the new folks, Ben & Michelle. The same great flavors, quality food, and laid back vibe keep me coming back. I was surprised they had breakfast, and found myself alone in town looking for a place to graba lazy meal. Enjoyed a generous and delicious cup of fresh hot cafe con leche. LOVED the tomato and cheese breakfast sandwiches, the pepper sauce it's served with is the perfect compliment, and smooth it all out with a light and fresh Sandia batido.... pure morning comfort.