We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The location is good , away from the main street but you can easily walk to the shops and beach. Our room was quite basic but clean. There was no air conditioner, just a fan which struggled with the heat. This also meant you had to leave your windows open and there were plenty of mosquitos (as you would expect in a tropical beach area). There was a mosquito net in the room. The lights in the room were very dull. The walls were quite thin and on a couple of occasions I had to ask different people to keep the noise down. Wifi is available and free..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peter_ndc
CabinasJacaranda, Guest Relations Manager at Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your staying with us and would welcome your return. Please feel free to email us any other suggestions to help improve the customer experience here at Jacaranda. Thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Have been here for over 2 weeks and it's time to go. Great place to stay - gated for added security. We have rented the apartment behind the hotel, comfortable, hot water, clean sheets and towels, plus cleaning and laundry service. Vera and her staff have been more than accommodating and I know my kids and granddaughter are in good hands during their extended stay here. The porch is very spacious with a hammock, table and chairs to relax and work. Wifi is great. All in all, a great place to stay by Puerto Vijeho standards. The beach is a 5 min walk, a great coffee shop is a hop, skip and jump away. Supermarket also very close by. Everything is within walking distance. A special thanks to Vera for taking care of us and watching out for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank fahnaj

Dear Fahnaj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with so much detail and praise, we appreciate you and your family staying with us and would welcome your return . The entire staff is grateful for the way you engaged with them, you will be missed. We look forword to your return. Thanks again!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Average lodge, not hotel, many restrictions and warnings, location for village is not the best if you want to enjoy the night life, rooms small, no air conditioner, no breakfast. Staff OK, helpful. The light in the rooms really poor, was also warned not to use mosquito net, not to use kitchen to cook fish better go to restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Lempiara,

To help clear up any doubts, we are a registered hotel and do not have a restaurant on premis or room service or offer any meals this is true. We do encourage all our guests to use the mosquito nets and we do offer rooms with air conditioning, but do not allow deep fry cooking of any meats in the shared kitchen because of the discomfort it creates for other guests from time to time. We are located 2-5 minutes walking distance from all the central bars and dancing but are far enough were you can sleep comfortably.

Thank you for your positive comments on our staff, everyone here was happy to serve you.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I can go on and on about how much I loved it here!! But I will keep it short and sweet!! A 2-3 week stay there turned into a 2 months stay! First of all- the staff was awesome!! Vera was like a second mom to me while I was away. Within the first two weeks there I caught dengue. She gave me some natural remmidys from her garden, to try to help me out. She would teach me about all the plants in her garden and give me exotic fruit to try. Boogie was another favorite! Such a big help, and loved seeing the familiar face around town! As well as the rest of the staff, always smiling!
I stayed in an apartment in the back behind the hotel, but loved spending my time in the beautiful garden! Watching lizziards and birds and hearing the howler monkeys in the jungle near by.
Can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TiffanyAnnJ
CabinasJacaranda, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Tiffany,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and are happy you enjoyed our garden and exotic fruits. We appreciate your staying with us and would welcome your return. Please feel free to email us any other suggestions to help improve the customer experience here at Jacaranda. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great location - a few blocks from the main road meant it was quiet at night and led to a great sleep. The front gate is locked at night for added security. Just up the street is a great little breakfast place (it was called coffee and chocolate or something like that).
Room - the room was really clean and spacious. There were two beds with mosquito nets and fans. The bathroom was also clean and had hot water. Outside each room was a little table with chairs and a hammock. This place gave me the best sleep I had in all of Costa Rica! Wifi in the rooms too.
Grounds - The hotel grounds are charming with bright mosaic paths leading to the rooms through the foliage. There is also a self-serve kitchen and picnic tables to sit at.

I really loved this place and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a room near the back, so perhaps this was why it was so quiet? Not really sure.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennyLovesAsia
CabinasJacaranda, Guest Relations Manager at Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for visiting with us, we look forward to your coming back. The staff thought the world of you. The breakfast and late lunch cafe you mentioned is Bread and Chocolate, they are world famous.

Thanks again and come back soon!

Wishing you great success,
The Jacaranda Team

Reviewed May 8, 2014

08.05.14.
DO NOT go to this hotel.

Me and my friends came with our luggage to check the prices of the hotel.we belong to a certain ethnic minority group.
My friends wanted to check other places so i stayed at the lobby with the luggage with my headphones on, but i heard everything.
Other staff member arrived and talked with the receptionist mentioning my ethnic group and gave me a disgusted look.
Seconds after she told me that i cant leave my bags there. I said that were thinking about going to this hotel. Then she told me to organize them at the side. I did. Seconds later i was looking at my phone and she asked if i use the hotel wifi, if i stole the password. I haven't. I changed a song at my phone.
All along the staff gave me unwelcoming , rude feeling. The looks the ton of her voice and her attitude just for me standing there quietly were very offensive.
I took all of our luggage and waited outside of the hotel.
If you want to provide racists, this is the place for you.
(Besides its poor location).

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Talbaum
CabinasJacaranda, Public Relations Manager at Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Traveler,

We at Jacaranda do regret your having had such an uncomfortable experience while waiting in our lobby and reception area. However, your accusation of racism is extreme and unfounded. The owner of Jacaranda is a native of the West Indies, she was raised in Canada and has experienced racism first hand as a child and young adult. Our staff is comprised of Afro-Caribbean, Jamaican, local Indigenous and North American personnel.

We all live and work here. Our local community is represented by over 50 nationalities, with love and acceptance to all, we practice tolerance and compassion. It would be quite difficult to find any form of racism either in our hotel or neighborhood.

You did not have the pleasure of staying with us and were not able to fully experience the way in which we treat our guests and run the hotel day to day. Perhaps what you did experience was dis-pleasurable for you and again we do regret this was what you felt but please know in noway do we practice any for of racism here at Jacaranda. We welcome all nations, cultures, beliefs and life-styles because we ourselves come from many walks of life.

Perhaps your accusation comes from a moment when you were upset, maybe with the heat, not finding a room, carrying all your luggage around or a combination of everything, we understand from time to time we all say things we don't really mean. No matter what please know you and your friends are always welcome at our hotel.

Thank You.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm giving this two stars because there isn't all that much privacy and it's riddled with Mosquitos.

It's so hot and it doesn't take much to put screens on all the windows, but you won't find screens here. There are mosquito nets but they either don't fit the beds (wrongly placed) or they have holes in them. So expect a night spent up close and personal with the Mosquitos.

The cabins are very loud. Expect to hear everything from your next door neighbour!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DiL5
CabinasJacaranda, Manager at Jacaranda Hotel and Jungle Garden, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for your comment.

We will consider your comments in order to better our services, it is always a pleasure to hear the inconvenience in order to improve.

We are so grateful that you have stayed at Cabinas Jacaranda