“Beautiful Beach”
Review of Puerto Viejo Beach

Puerto Viejo Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: This public beach is popular with surfers.
Queensbury, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful Beach”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Private, quiet, great waves, body surfing, walk to town from my resort (Chimuri Beach). I love how the sands change from brown to black. Look out for the pirate ship... anyone know what that is?

Visited January 2014

Racine, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pura Vida”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed in Costa Rica for about 2 and a half months and the whole country has a "Pura Vida" view on life, but it was even more apparent on la playa negra-and everywhere in Puerto Viejo. The beach was very clean and the people there were very friendly. Definitely check out Bridgette's (spelling?) hostel if you plan on staying the night! It was very cheap and homey.

Visited April 2013
Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was by far one of my favorites during my honeymoon in Puerto Viejo. My wife and I stayed in a house just 300 meters away, and boy were we lucky to have this treasure of a beach be so close. A surfer's/Boogie Boarder's delight. Amazing sand, incredible waves, friendly town and out of towners, and people were just friendly and attractive. We visited the beach every single day, and we brought back nice golden tans to prove it. I stopped at the beach with the car right before we left to take in the incredible view one last time. I definitely miss it.

Visited January 2014
Sacramento, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Tranquil Beaches”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The beaches are so beautiful. No crowds or vendors, topless optional and the ocean is warm. This location even has black sand beaches.

Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The beach was beautiful. I loved the chunk of dock with a rope swing attached to it. Barely any seashells so if you are an avid hunter, the beaches on the Carribbean side are very, very minimal for that.

Visited March 2014