This is a real eco-lodge style place, but not for those who are used to 5-star luxury. Grounds are great, with accommodation in hut-style chalets. Breakfast really basic,waiting staff move at geological pace. New American/Costa Rican owner very welcoming, has only had the place a few months and plans to fully renovate, which it needs. Nice pool, but needs a lick of paint. Rooms are **very** rustic and a bit shabby. Also not exactly hermetically sealed, so if the thought of a bat or a few insects getting into your room is not a comfortable prospect, watch out. No aircon, but rooms have fans. Free wifi in main building. New owner would do well to visit South Africa and see how this sort of place can be really well done, to get ideas for his refurb. Still recommended on the whole if rustic is your thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With us will reach its lush beaches like Cahuita, Black Beach, Cocles, Playa Chiquita, Punta Uva, Playa Grande and Manzanillo, including Cahuita National Park and Gandoca-Manzanillo Refuge. The rustic architecture of the hotel blends in complete harmony with the environment surrounding jungle. The hotel offers different types of accommodation and is surrounded by spacious gardens to relax and enjoy a safe and pleasant stay. All rooms are equipped with bedside table, ceiling fan or air conditioning and bathrooms with hot water. Some of the units are equipped for cooking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel El Pizote Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pizote Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Hotel El Pizote Lodge Costa Rica/Limon