“Beautiful, peaceful retreat center for a Yoga Teacher Training!”

Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We enjoyed an amazing time at Samasati for the ShivaShakti Yoga Teacher Training. The staff took such amazing care of us, the food was delicious and healthy and the location is peaceful- perfect setting for a 22 day yoga training. Loved seeing all the wildlife- howler monkeys, cotes, morpho butterflies, toucans, etc. The weather was great during late October. I certainly recommend this retreat center.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank omshanti108

Reviewed November 9, 2010

Great location, friendly staff, incredible food. I'm going back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank mkustel
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Samasati is a place for peace and relaxing... The atmosphere is wonderful, the nature incredible, the staff and the food amazing!
I'm definitively coming back...

puravida!!!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank giuliapareschi
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We loved our bungalow with its mountainside view.
We woke to the sunrise and the loud chatter of the monkeys and the birds. It was spectacular.
it was the off season in the Caribbean coast, so we had the resort mostly to ourselves.
We did yoga with just the teacher in a beautiful, octagonal studio.
The food at the Samasati was good vegetarian fare (fish can be ordered).
Puerto Viejo is famed for the surfing and snorkling.
This is a great way to unplug from the world-- no phone, Internet, television.
No A/C, but the windows all have mesh screens and there are fans.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank locavoregal
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My mom and I went to Samasati to relax and learn some yoga, as both of us were relatively inexperienced with it. First of all, the service was amazing. The people working at the hotel were not only friendly but very accommodating. As it is necessary to take a jeep up and down the driveway from the hotel, they were willing to arrange one for us at any time we wanted! They have one which goes to the town daily, but if you ask they'll send one anytime. The rooms were wonderful, although if you're into super Luxe hotels with air conditioning and every amenity thinkable this isn't the place for you. Being a city girl myself, this took some getting used to but I was eventually able to relax and have an amazing time. The food is delicious, the yoga was personalized to my needs and the monkeys in the morning made hauntingly beautiful sounds.

• Stayed: May 2010
3  Thank ec1253
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I had an incredible visit to Samasati. I wanted somewhere to practice yoga and to have quiet time to think - I got both of those, but also exquisite vegetarian food three times a day, wonderful staff, great sunrises and an overall wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank uklbman
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My husband and I went to Samasati for our first anniversary and my birthday. I loved every minute of this trip! All the pictures I seen of this place, I thought well its really not like this, no way. But when we got there OMG! It was more amazing and more beautiful in person! This is a must see nature retreat. Arriving to Samasati we were greeted by the staff and a vehicle to take us up to the retreat. We opt to hike up instead, boy did we hike! No regrets, but if you do this remember to take water and a camera, and be aware this is not a walk in the park, its a steep hike up. Our first sighting was a two fingered sloth that was up in a tree. We spotted some colorful frogs and beautiful butterflies. And then we heard the monkeys which come find out they are friends of Samasati. Frequently hanging out or passing through, but mostly howling. You come to find it soothing and most of the time my husband and I tried to figure out what the heck the monkeys are talking about. :) Quite amusing and hilarious if you ask us. When we got to our Bungalow, we were in total awe of the set up. Champagne, fresh fruit, and flowers strategically place in all the right places done with creative class. Loved it! Also, the food was spectacularly awesome. We are not vegetarians but it was enough to convince us into converting and living the rest of our lives there just based on the food :) We ordered fish on one of the nights ( that was caught fresh btw) and the lady who cook it should win a award, cause I am still dreaming about that fish! Yum! But the best thing about this resort is that you will have some of the best views of the Caribbean sea and jungle. With a plus of being just minutes away from the downtown area. A peaceful zen state is the feeling we had the whole time there. The staff made us feel right at home. Really like family. Everyone was so friendly and very protective of our wellbeing, which made us feel very safe. The yoga and yoga setting is everything you will want. A dream come true. Just the architecture and layout of the retreat is WOW. I cant say enough good things about Samasati. But just know that if choose to stay at Samasati you will have the most memorable, amazing time of your life. We will cherish our time there for a lifetime, one of the best places we have been to by far.... and we have been to alot of places.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
#3 of 12 in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Passion Fruit Lodge
Passion Fruit Lodge
#1 of 12 in Cahuita

Been to Samasati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary? Share your experiences!