We did not book any hotel in Puerto Viejo, but arrived very late in the evening - stupid thing to do, but this hotel was open during the night, so that's a big plus.
Another big plus is that it is very very close to the beach - you just have to cross the street.
Breakfast was really nice and good, the pool was a little bit dirty, but overall - nice.
We stayed in a room without air conditioning the first night. In the morning, we took one with AC, that was worth a few dollars, because it was SO extremely hot.
The furniture is made of wood - smells a little, but that's ok, no wonder in this climate.
Close to the "city" and everything you need to see.
I would recommend this hotel to tourists on a budget, not too cheap but affordable.
Go to Cahuita if you can, very beautiful there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Perla Negra is a Beach Front Rustic Accommodation, surrounded by an ecological, quiet and out of town atmosphere. You will find an atmosphere of relaxation in the South Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica. Enjoy the services of Puerto Viejo town as bars, nightclubs and restaurants with a variety of local and international food, surrounded by very kind and friendly people. Our Rustic Beachfront Accommodation offers you a unique style of sharing and enjoying the environment of Costa Rica's Caribbean. We do not sell you a room. We offer you peace, tranquility and great views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Perla Negra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Negra Beach Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Hotel Perla Negra Costa Rica/Limon