“Best, most fresh Tuna!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Cohoes, New York
“Best, most fresh Tuna!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Lazlo and his son were great! Lazlo had the Tuna he caught fresh that day right in the cooler out front, sitting in ice! How can you beat that!?
We came back around dinner time, grabbed a few beers, ordered our tuna to our tasting and had the best dining experience! The tuna was absolutely the best we ever had!
The vegetables were grilled too and really pulled the meal together.
Its a MUST TRY in Puerto Viejo!

Visited October 2013

Downey
“MMMMackeral!!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

It was a great dinner from the first to the last bite. Portions were perfect. My fish was cooked perfectly and so were the vegetables. We didnt have to wait too long either. The mackeral skin was left on and had a nice char on it. Suffice it to say I wiped my plate clean. I would definitely come back.

Dont be put off by the owners son. He is a lil awkward at first but he is just trying to help you and be social. He suggested we try the Rum and coke. When he brought it he gave us the soda separately. He asked us to sip on it first before adding the soda. We did...best rum I have ever had!!! Im not a fan of Rum whatsoever. Let alone spiced rum. This was not your typical oddly spiced rum that tastes like what I think a pinecone sprinkled with cinnamon would taste like. It had nice vanilla and caramel notes. Perfect for sipping and chasing with some soda.

The place is a lil pricey for Costa Rica but about average for the States. Our entrees cost us $17 plus tax. It was well worth it though. Our bill came out to $50 for 2 entrees, 2 Rums, 1 coke and one beer. They open from 6pm to 9:30 or until they run out. There isnt a sign but it is attached right next to Mamma Mia pizzeria.

• Visited October 2013
Puerto Viejo, Limon, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST Fish in Puerto Viejo”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The name of the restaurant speaks for itself. They serve only what they have just caught and the fish is always fantastic. The tuna (sashimi or seared) just melts in your mouth. The portions are generous and the atmosphere is always entertaining. Lazlo and his son Robbie always serve up a meal and an evening that you won't forget.

• Visited September 2013
San Marcos, Texas
“Mmm mmm good!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I waited two days to eat here and boy was it worth it! I got the amberjack and he got the tuna. Robby (lazlo's son) and lazlo himself came to greet us and Robby even brought us some pepper seared tuna to try. The portions are great, the food is phenomenal, the prices were reasonable, and the staff was friendly and eager to please. We really enjoyed eating at Lazlo's and can't wait to eat there again when we come back!

• Visited October 2013
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Best fishing trip and meal in town!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

When we decided to go to Puerto Viejo we knew we wanted to do a deep sea fishing trip. After asking around town everyone recommended us to to to Lazlo. We decided we would be foolish not to after so many people recommended it. We went out fishing with Lazlo and Rodrigo all day. We caught a ton of fish and an even better tan. Lazlo and Rodrigo were so awesome. I really struggled getting the technique down at first but they were very patient with me. My husband loves to fish and he got it down right away. The equipment Lazlo has on his boat is amazing. The sonar he has to find fish is so accurate you can actually see your line going down underneath the boat. We caught about 25 fish between the 4 of us. Lazlo told us he would cook the fish up for us in his restaurant for dinner. Once we got off the boat we went and got ready then returned to his restaurant. Robbie the waiter offered us to sit at a table with him while we waited. Lazlo had to go get propane because they ran out. So we sat and talked to Robbie while we waited for him to return. Everyone in the restaurant knew Lazlo by name. They came in asking " what kind of fish did you catch today?" There is not really a menu here because he just serves whatever he has caught that day. He serves the fish with grilled veggies and some of the best fries I have had in my life. The experience is one like no other and I would recommend this fishing trip and restaurant to anyone planning to visit Puerto Viejo. Lazlo and his crew make you feel at home.

• Visited September 2013