“Didn't even want us there”

Lazlo's Catch of the Day
Cuisines: Seafood
Kelowna, Canada
“Didn't even want us there”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went to try out this "infamous" restaurant and we were completely shocked, and insulted by the young blond wanna-be surfer who "greeted" us. We arrived 10 minutes before opening, because we were told that it is busy. He basically told us that there would be no fish for a long time. We said we can just sit and have a beer while the kitchen prepares it, and I guess he couldn't be bothered to get up from his garlic cleaning. Probably the rudest experience of our whole trip. The fish may be good here, but if the service is this rude and terrible it is not worth anything.

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"I don't want any stress tonight" Worst experience of our Trip”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to this restaurant only 10 minutes before opening and I have never been so RUDELY treated in all my travels. We have been here for 2.5 months and have heard that the dinner here is supposed to be so wonderful, but after how we were treated I would not support or buy water from this establishment. We were "greeted" by a "gentleman" peeling garlic at only 1 of there total 5 tables and we were told that it was going to be at least 20 minutes before fish is served. So here is how the rest of the conversation went:

Us: "No problem we will just go for a walk in town"
Waiter: "Yeah well, we don't want any stress here so you will have to ask the kitchen when we are serving"
Us: "Can we just sit and have a beer and wait?"
Waiter: "Again it is going to a long wait and I don't know when we will have any fish"

I would never recommend anyone to eat here and support a business that is so not "Pura Vida". By far this is the WORST almost dining experience on my travelling life. It does not matter how good the food is, if the service falls short it will KILL a business.

TERRRIBLE!!!!!

1 Thank Jody T
Columbus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good compared to the rest!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We did eat here twice. First night we shared the wahoo which was plenty for two. Pretty good but a little over cooked. Seemed a bit on the dry side but still good and filling. Second time we shared the red snapper. Not quite as large as the wahoo but still plenty for two. Flavor is pretty much the same because he uses same marinade for all the fish. His surfer boy son is the only waiter and needs to work on his customer service more than just a little. We actually witnessed a couple leaving because of a rude comment that he made to them. If you can get past his "poor" attitude, the fish is pretty good.

Elmhurst, Illinois
“Go here- great value- the FRESHEST FISH you will ever have!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

If you like fish or love fish eat here- huge fresh fish fillets expertly prepared and cost a fraction for what you would pay for a comparable portion in the US.. And Lazlos quality is far superior- I mean every day he catches the fish himself! The place isnt open unless the fish were biting that day.
Our bill for two including 2 beers was $42U including the standard tax/service charges in CR.
Great value for what you are served!
Oh. And Lazlo himself shows you your fish before it's cooked- he is not hiding anything- it's an open kitchen and family business-
I will post a pic when I return home- just couldn't wait to write this review.

Calgary, Canada
“Best fish of my life”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I were in heaven when we ate here. The fish was as fresh as you can get it and cooked to perfection. It was entertaining to watch the staff while you waited. This is a must go dining experience.

• Visited February 2013