“Hidden Jungle Beach House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Hidden Jungle Beach House
Campbellton, Canada
“Hidden Jungle Beach House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

The reviews I've read of the hidden Jungle Beach House were very complimetary and well deserved. I've stayed in a lot of hostels in the last few decades but this one has an appeal all of it's own. A true Tico house tucked away and wrapped in jungle. It's a three minute walk to the beach or four if you've really honed in on Carribean culture.

The "noise" you hear isn't the bars or people, it's the surf you go to sleep to and wake up to in the morning.

A great place and a lovely hostess!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your nice review. If I am a lovely hostess it is because I have lovely guests. Trip Advisor brings me some wonderful people!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Lisa is a great host, her location is convenient (not in town but right next to it)

She pays lots of attention to detail and makes a genuine effort to deliver the best experience for her guests.

If you need advice on what activities are available in Puerto Viejo, just ask her, she is very knowledgeable and eager to offer suggestions.

Very good option for those of us on a budget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thanks for the good review. I notice YOU pay attention to detail, too in your description of what I do. I try hard to make everyone feel at home and make available every resource possible, for my guests.
Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Just had a great stay at Hidden Jungle Beach House in Puerto Viejo. The house is very cozy and comfortable, with soft beds and plush pillows...a rarity in Central America.
Lisa is a wonderful hostess and makes you feel right at home. She has two friendly dogs, Sativa and Santo, and a sweet kitty names Little-Bit.
The kitchen is stocked with everything you need to prepare your own meals. The common areas are conducive to meeting other guests and after a couple of days it feels like staying with family. There is free high-speed internet and cable TV. Hot water in the shower (a big plus!) and a wonderful jungle setting where you can listen to all the birds and other jungle animals throughout the day and night. Sometimes she even gets wildlife that comes right up to the house. A couple of days before I got here she had a sloth on the porch. So cool!
It is located very close to town ( 5 minute walk) and the beach is right across the street. Great beach for swimming too! Lisa has bikes you can rent for $8 a day, and you can bike just about anywhere nearby from Cahuita to Manzanillo. The area is very bike friendly.
Overall this is a great place that I would highly recommend. A very unique stay that I will always remember.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank qtotheyou
, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thanks for the nice and very thorough review. You covered just about everything we have to offer. I am so glad you had a nice time here and really felt at home. My mission has been accomplished!
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had been researching a trip to Costa Rica for some time when I came across Lisa’s Blog, and was impressed with the depth of information, and her personal story on becoming an expat in Costa Rica; so what better spot to begin since my interest was learning more about living in Costa Rica.

During my stay I took 2 tours with Lisa, and I was able to get a good introduction to the area from Puerto Viejo to Manzanilo, as well as a road trip up into the mountains along the Panama border and through some of the indigenous Bri Bri villages. Lisa was not only a detailed guide and fun person to be with but was kind enough to introduce me to other expats in the area, which really helped me get a view of life in Caribbean Costa Rica.

I can’t tell you how beautiful the Caribbean area of Costa Rica is, and if you prefer the “less developed” side; you will appreciate the life here. I found the people I met here to be really friendly and sweet and I think you will too. Thanks to Lisa I had a wonderful introduction to the area.

As well the location and accommodations were great. I especially liked that my window (when open) looked out directly into the jungle. On my second day there, while standing in the kitchen we spotted a Sloth climbing up the very tree viewed from my room.

I certainly plan on returning again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thanks for your great review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I"m glad to have been able to help you and share what I love about Costa Rica's Caribbean.
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I found this when browsing tripadvisor and was impressed with it's reviews. Now that my husband and I have been there for 4 nights, we can agree it's a great place! It is a easy walk into downtown Puerto Viejo, but tucked away so that the nights are peaceful. We both slept comfortably in a double bed with a clean, new mosquito net, well-positioned fan, and 2 large windows for sea and jungle breeze. The kitchen was nice and we had plenty of space for groceries and drinks. We spent some relaxing hours on the porch on the hammock with our rum and cokes. :) On our last day, we spotted a mama sloth with her baby from the porch. Lisa was a very gracious hostess and was very helpful with tips for things to do. We loved renting bikes and riding down to Manzanillo. Thanks Lisa for the great time!

Kourtney & Dave

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kjgrimm
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Thanks for the nice review. There is so much to do in the area here and I love to give suggestions. You can take tours from local tour companies but there are also many things you can do on your own with just a few tips. And then after a full day of fun, I am happy to provide a relaxing and quiet place for people to enjoy the natural ambiance. I am so glad you two had a good time staying here at Hidden Jungle Beach House.
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I arrived at Hidden Jungle Beach House searching for a relaxing place to call home for a month and have found so much more staying here. Lisa's warmth and knowledge about the area and the many wonderful things that it has to offer have been a real treat. The house is beautiful and clean. The unique location surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers allows you to truly experience nature without having to sacrifice comfort. If you enjoy great company, beautiful surroundings and close proximity to an unspoiled black sand beach then Hidden Jungle Beach House is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LuLu R
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about Hidden Jungle Beach House. I have had the place for seven months now and it is still a work in progress. To hear how comfortable you have been here makes me know my continued efforts at creating a tranquil, pleasant ambiance are paying off.
Southwest Harbor, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

This guest house quickly felt like a home away from home during my 6-night stay here. Clean and comfortable, bright sunny rooms with loads of hibiscus just outside the window. Lisa's wonderful, and she really went above and beyond to help me out when I ran into some troubles during my trip. If you want air conditioning and a swimming pools and frills this isn't the place for you, but if you want an small but pleasant inexpensive room in a wonderful location surrounded by jungle foliage and the sounds of waves crashing on the beach, I highly recommend this place!

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thanks so much to the sweet review! I'm so glad you felt at home here. Traveling to a foreign country makes many people nervous, even though it is fun and exciting. My goal is to create a comfortable place where you feel relaxed and safe. I'm glad you felt that way at Hidden Jungle Beach House.