“4 visits in 9 days!”

The Point Sports Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Point...A different kind of Sports Bar.Sure we have sports on all (7) of our T.V's all the time...and sure we have hot wings and (U.S.D.A. beef) burgers...and sure we have ice cold beer and micro brew on tap, but did you know that we have local Caribbean cuisine made by the best chef south of Nicaragua? Check out our open air restaurant/bar located on Black Beach, steps to the Caribbean Sea. A local hangout where tourists and locals come together to have a good ol' time. So on your next visit to Puerto Viejo, top on by and say hi ya'll (before Paradise, we lived in New Orleans). We will keep a seat warm, a cold beer, your favorite game on, and a fun time waiting for you!
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Great hang out. Great drinks and good staff. Superb 4th of July and World Cup parties! Pretty tasty food items as well. I will be back next time I'm in Puerto Viejo!

1  Thank George K

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Being from Portland, after traveling for awhile, I was really craving a microbrew on tap. The Point is the spot to go for that! The bartender was helpful and friendly. The beer was good. The burger was delicious. I'm glad I made the trek out to Playa Negra to check it out!

1  Thank Jaime G
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Great bar for some sports action with great drinks and foods!
We came to PV for some family beach time but needed to catch the end of the WC game that day. We had so much fun here that we never met the family on the beach!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had one of the best Broiled Red Snapper that I have ever eaten anyplace.The lady cook is A-1.She will serve you a full Red Snapper compleat with head or she will filet it for you,either way it is absolutely delicious.It is a sports bar so there is always some kind of game on,The owner is a Carolina Tarheel fan so I traded him my Carolina shirt for a The Point t shirt,The bartenders and owners were very friendly and personable.They also have a pool table in the back room.P.S.dont forget to tip the cook in the back along with the bartender. bonapetite

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I have eaten in many restaurants all over Costa Rica and hands down The Point has the best best burgers hands down ! It's not just the food that we like. The Staff is great Lasha , Roberto and adorable Sadie make you feel sooooo welcome. We have had a lot of fun there and felt very much at home. We always know that when we walk in we will be greeted with many smiles from the staff and the local expats who frequent there. The view is great and if you want to watch sports it's the place for you. Ps Try the craft beer. It's delicious.