“One of our favourite tours in CR!!! ”

Caribeans Coffee & Chocolate
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Caribeans is the origninal bean-to-bar chocolate factory in Puerto Viejo. Chocolate is made right in the cacao forest. Tours of our factory include: all-you-can-eat gourmet chocolate, the chocolate forest hike, and the "see how we do it" factory tour. Regular tours are Monday 10 am, Tuesday10 & 2, Thursday 10 & 2, Friday2 pm, and Saturday 2 pm. No reservations required. We also have a full service coffee and chocolate shop. Our coffee is fresh roasted farm to cup and delicious. Our chocolate is all hand made and organic. Fresh smoothies, sandwiches, ice cream and much more.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

We had a free afternoon in Cocles so wandered down to Caribeans...so very glad we did! Not only was the tour wonderful and the chocolate AMAZING, we also enjoyed Paul and Jean very much - their passion is inspiring! We saw lots of wildlife along the way too.
You will be blown away by the chocolate tasting...the most incredible chocolate ever, made even more perfect by the view - this tour is a MUST!!! Our kids (11 & 9) also loved the tour.
We've got a nice supply to take back to Canada too;)
Thanks Paul and Jean!

"great tour"
in 27 reviews
"quality chocolate"

Reviewed April 7, 2017

Amazing! Highly recommend ! Just to be aware, the climb to the farm is a bit stiff but great informations about cacao growing and the tasting was absolutely fantastic and Jeff our guide was funny and very much knowledgeable.

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent experience at Caribeans. I was looking for a cacao farm tour but what we got was SO much more. We had the opportunity to taste chocolate at every step of the process bean to bar. At first I thought the price seemed at little high, but halfway through I changed my mind. The highlight was chocolate tasting comparison like we were wine tasting, high above the trees with a great view of the ocean. Jeff, one of the owners, gave an outstanding tour. They say 2 hours but we were there for 3. Be prepared to take some chocolate home! And the smoothies at the store were wonderful too.

1  Thank themom4three
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

Thank goodness my son asked me to bring some of the good local coffee back from our trip to Costa Rica. In the market, my friend showed me BRITT's dark roast, so I bought 2 packages. They were about 14 ounces, and you can choose whole beans or ground. Several days later we were at San José airport and discovered a kiosk serving tastings of Britt coffee. Of course, I had to try it and found it to be full-flavored, smooth and delicious. I bought a third bag.
Britts also sells chocolate covered coffee beans and gourmet chocolates. Sorry I didn't buy more.