“Great tour! Very informative and LOTS of tasty chocolate!”

Caribeans Coffee & Chocolate
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Caribeans is the origninal bean-to-bar chocolate factory in Puerto Viejo. Chocolate is made right in the cacao forest. Tours of our factory include: all-you-can-eat gourmet chocolate, the chocolate forest hike, and the "see how we do it" factory tour. Regular tours are Monday Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour! Very informative and LOTS of tasty chocolate!”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My husband and I recently went on this tour and we had a great time. We took a tour through the cacao forest and saw how beans are harvested and made ready for the chocolate making process. We were served lots of chocolate and were able to mix and match chocolates with different spices and fresh herbs. The two guys that run the tour are passionate about what they do which made the tour that much more enjoyable.

Visited September 2011

• Czech first
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing organic restaurant!”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

No review can give this place justice. You must visit yourself! I went there twice within 24 hours (I was visiting Puerto Viejo) and was even more impressed the second time. I am a coffee snob and Caribeans' coffee is excellent; they even make their iced coffee with frozen coffee ice cubes (big thumbs up!) They roast the beans and brew their coffee in the back room; ask for a quick tour! They make their chocolate there too which is also amazing.
I can't remember what food I had but I remember it being very delicious. They even helped me turn it into a to-go meal as I had to catch the bus. I probably spent about 80 USD on souvenirs because they have so many organic products as well as products benefitting aboriginal communities. I bought organic coconut oil, weaved baskets and t-shirts. The owners were superb, very knowledgable and very nice. I understand it is under new management but that would never deter me from visiting again.
There are a lot of delicious restaurant establishments in Puerto Viejo, but this one is by far my favorite!

Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“A great place to relax, have an Ice Cream, listen to chill music and find out what's going on in town.”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Caribeans is the perfect spot to watch the sunset, have an ice cream or a coffee, and meet a lot of the people both traveling through and living in the area, and to find out what is going on in the area or find out what to do or where to go while here. The coffee is always fresh, and it, as well as the chocolate and ice cream..are all organic, local and amazing!!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was like my 2nd home while in Puerto!”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Caribeans was such an oasis with me. I loved the chill energy there, free wifi, view of the beach, and awesome conversations. I especially loved having Bad Monkey books and tours there. They are such a great combo with Caribeans. You could sit in a chair overlooking the gorgeous beach, eat an fruit ice and read a used book you just bought. :D

Casey (sorry spelling it wrong) is such a sweetheart and always had a smile for me while I was there! I miss Caribeans so but know I will see it again when I visit Puerto in the future.

1 Thank paolasp