“Awesome experience! Bruce is the best!!!”

Playa Chiquita Riding Adventures
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I just got back from a wonderful two week vacation in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica where we got our Scuba Diving certification, went zip lining, swam in the sea, or just laid around in our hammocks. The highlight of out trip was definitely horse back riding with Bruce. My girlfriend is an experienced horseback rider, but I am not so much. I was a bit hesitant, but Bruce just has a calming effect on people I guess. The trip was surreal, guided by a pack of dogs and a white horse without a rider. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery of empty beaches with palm trees while Bruce kept pointing out what fruits and plants that you can eat and other facts about the wildlife and local people. We took a nice break in the rainforest while Bruce opened a coconut for us. Delicious! It was beautiful and very relaxing. A must do!

Thank you very much Bruce!

Erin (Boston, United States) and Pieter (Amsterdam, the Netherlands)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our family went on a horseback ride tour with Bruce yesterday. It was a very nice, pleasant, leisurely experience going down the road, to the beach, along the water, and through the jungle.
Bruce is very knowledgeable about his horses and treats them very well. He also shared lots of information with us regarding the plants and trees.
I haven't ridden in years, and was a bit nervous. I know my horse sensed that, so unlike my family, my ride didn't go quite so smoothly (wasn't easy for me to "steer" Princessa). But overall, I'm glad I went!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I went for a ride with Bruce while we were visiting Manzanillo on our honeymoon.

Bruce is a great guy, and we had a wonderful ride. If you're not a regular rider, I don't suggest going for more than about 2 hours.

We had a great ride along the beach and through some jungle trails. Bruce is very knowledgable about the area and he's a great guide.

It was just the three of us on the ride, so we got a much more personal experience, rather than feeling like part of a tour group.

We would definitely go again - in fact we'll be looking for horseback riding on all of our vacations from now on, and likely comparing them all to our ride with Bruce.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Being freaked out by horses I was a little hesitant, but Bruce is awesome and apparently uses these horses to teach some of the local kids (little kids) to ride, so they're perfectly safe. I got the impression that he only does smaller groups, so you'll get more personalized attention and a more peaceful ride, but am not sure about his group limits so don't quote me on that. He also took a lot of pictures for us so we could be in the pictures together. We rode for hours (some along the beach, some up in the trees. He pointed out sloths in the trees for us and let us know all about the plants (which ones to eat, which ones were medicinal, and which ones were toxic/itchy). It was a really fun ride and I would do it again in a heartbeat, only this time I would wear a little bit more sunscreen on my shoulders!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had been planning my trip to this side since December 2011 for Oct 2012 travel. i am a research travel bug. Never came across this till a couple of days before my departure. I wanted to book something as my boyfriend is a "go with the flow" kind of person. His birthday was during our stay so i figured if I booked something he had to do it. When i came across this adventure i thought this was perfect. I had already made arrangements with Bruce (the owner - a saint) before my boyfriend told me he wasn't interested. I just told him don't worry about it. I knew we were going. Let mew tell you he was thrilled after. What an experience.

You do not pay a deposit. Which made me feel good and nervous at the same time. Bruce a message at our hotel to call him.. i was so nervouse the whole night... maybe he got a better offer...no . he called just to check on our arrival. He did tell the lady tell them just checking.

He'll ask your experience and watch your comfort level before moving on. He has 2 dogs and 3 of the neighboring dogs (which apparently were a family at one time) joined int. I think the dogs know...tourists coming ...it's party time. :

You go part beach and part forest. Lucky it was a bit of a rainy day. i loved it as I found it so refreshing. The horse are so tame ...no bit or horseshoes. He does not watch the clock and even offered if we wanted we could go north then be dropped at our hotel to save cab fare. He''ll accomodate any way...it's your ride. We choice to go south as he said the beaches were more beautiful.

As Bruce said himself "he enjoys making people's dream come true" ....this is not a job to him. I'm so glad I found him. We did the animal rescue mission on our own for the 9:30 tour then on to Playa Chiquita with the wonderful experience with Bruce. As i said before.... a must do.