“Great end to a great day”

The Lazy Mon Sports & Music Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

After a long bike ride from Playa Negra to Manzanillo and back to Peurto Viejo, I heard the outdoor music and stopped to check out this place. Am I ever glad I did. It's right on the beach. I parked my bike, sat up on the bench and happily listened to the live band. They were great, but I wish they were more upbeat with the tunes. This was a Thursday, so I wonder what this place would be like on a weekend. Probably fun. The 2 for 1 mojitos were enjoyable. As I was leaving I checked out the tree swing, with water almost at my feet.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Love the atmosphere and the service was fantastic! Food however was not as impressive, wouldn't recommend the nachos as the cheese they put on everything they serve takes almost like cheese-wiz...not very appetizing. Other than that, the view is fantastic!

Reviewed March 13, 2018

This is ** The American Tourist Trap ** of Puerto Viejo. $5 for a warm, longneck Imperial. You can go across the street and buy an entire dinner for that. If you are so afraid of geniune, Spanish-speaking bars and restaurants, why did you travel to Costa Rica in the first place?

1  Thank Fone B
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

That we ate lunch here two out of two days when there is plenty of choice reflects fact we enjoyed it. Good food at reasonable price

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

This place is fun. The food isn’t fancy, but really good. Seems many locals frequent this place and are friendly to visitors. We enjoyed the music and the bartenders are very accommodating.