“Fun place, fun people”

Tasty Waves Cantina
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Tasty Waves is more than a humble cantina in beautiful Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica, it's a lifestyle. We always strive to become your "home base", giving you local advice on where to go, what sites to see and how to get the most out of your journey or vacation. Our staff is more of a family and we always want you to feel welcome in our home. For the most part it's a relaxed atmosphere but don't get me wrong, we know how to party. Tasty Tuesday has become the biggest and most anticipated party of the week and we always show you a good time, so good that we close on Wednesday to clean up the aftermath. Thursday is Trivia Night, Friday is R.E.H.A.B., Saturday is Karaoke, Sunday Funday and Monday is our Movie Night with new and classics running on our 100" projector screen. Stop in, say hi and have a shot of Guaro with us. Tasty Waves Cantina ~ Livin' the Dream
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in after a loooong walk from Playa Chiquita to Puerto Viejo (make sure to rent a bike!)
Super friendly staff and owners, cold beer and tasty tacos. The perfect rest stop on our trek.
Apparently they have the best party in town on Tuesdays but we weren't able to make it. Be sure to ask about the c u next tuesday challenge.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Maybe i just expected really amazing things from the reviews. The tacos were not that great. they were ok and over priced. i did like the atmosphere and staff. everyone was very nice. i went on a saturday night with my boyfriend and sang karaoke it was pretty fun but not as amazing as everyone says.....

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Always something going on! Deals on drinks, tacos, movie nights, drinking games, karaoke. The big party is on Tuesday nights for Tasty Tuesdays.. 2X1 tacos, ladies night..then party hard! On top of it all.. the staff kick @ss!
You can't go to Puerto Viejo and not go check it out. You won't be disappointed

Reviewed August 5, 2014

When I was in Cocles a few years ago, I fell in love with the fish tacos at Tasty Waves. I had to go back this time around for more of the homemade tortillas filled with delicious fish, as well as the best beer prices in town. And then I found myself there for karaoke. And trivia. And Tasty Tuesdays. Actually, I might have spent more time at Tasty Waves than I spent in my hostel. The people were all so welcoming that it definitely started to feel like my home away from home. If you're looking for a laid back place to have some lunch or dinner, this is your spot. If you're looking for a wild party, this is your spot on Tuesday nights. Karaoke that will have you cracking up, and even singing? This is your spot. And did I mention that you're right across the street from the beach? So many great experiences!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Who would have thought that this little outpost across from Playa Cocles would have such great food? Tacos were the best that I have ever eaten and given that I live in a place where Mexican food is ubiquitous, that is saying a lot. Homemade tortillas are filled with either beef, chicken, fish, veggies or shrimp. Topped with shredded cabbage and pico de gallo, they are delicious. Also available are burritos and burgers. There is seating for about 24 at tables with some benches around a pool table and a few bar stools. There are the usual libations offered as well as some tropical concoctions too. The vibe is fun and friendly. Service is prompt and amiable. We happened upon Tasty Waves on a Saturday where karaoke was the night's entertainment. The DJ played cool tunes in between the brave souls who belted out Elvis classics. Although not for young children, our preteen had a blast. One of the best value meals you will have in Puerto Viejo.