“What a great taste of home!”

Tasty Waves Cantina
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Tasty Waves is more than a humble cantina in beautiful Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica, it's a lifestyle. We always strive to become your "home base", giving you local advice on where to go, what sites to see and how to get the most out of your journey or vacation. Our staff is more of a family and we always want you to feel welcome in our home. For the most part it's a relaxed atmosphere but don't get me wrong, we know how to party. Tasty Tuesday has become the biggest and most anticipated party of the week and we always show you a good time, so good that we close on Wednesday to clean up the aftermath. Thursday is Trivia Night, Friday is R.E.H.A.B., Saturday is Karaoke, Sunday Funday and Monday is our Movie Night with new and classics running on our 100" projector screen. Stop in, say hi and have a shot of Guaro with us. Tasty Waves Cantina ~ Livin' the Dream
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start...Jackson! He was unbelievably fabulous!
The margaritas were so authentic and amazing...Hard to find in Costa Rica!
The fish tacos were so California! The burrito was amazing and our Tico friends were crazy about the fries!
I can't wait to enjoy all their themed night fun evemts!
THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE IN PV!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Good food and drinks, but this place is really famous for its massive parties going on at tuesday nights every week.. check it out!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I saw that they had raving reviews for the fish tacos so I tried them and they are well worth the rave! Also tried other items off of their menu and I definitely liked their buffalo wings. All in all, the staff were great! I never felt like I was a customer at this establishment, I felt like I was family. Definitely worth going for the fish tacos!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stopped by here after surfing at Playa Cocles on a Tuesday, after a recommendation by a fellow surfer. Tacos were on special that day, and we also happened to be there during happy hour, which made the already-cheap beer insanely cheap!

We ate the best fish tacos I had while we were in Puerto Viejo, and it was also one of the most affordable meals we had. Highly recommended for a lazy afternoon or early dinner!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed in Puerto Viejo from March 8-15. This was out favorite place. Just a great outside Cantina right by the ocean. Great friendly staff. The tacos and burritos were the very best. Highly recommend that you make this one of your stops. Super fun things going on every night. Closed on Wednesdays.