“Fun, fun, Fun!”

Tasty Waves Cantina
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Tasty Waves is more than a humble cantina in beautiful Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica, it's a lifestyle. We always strive to become your "home base", giving you local advice on where to go, what sites to see and how to get the most out of your journey or vacation. Our staff is more of a family and we always want you to feel welcome in our home. For the most part it's a relaxed atmosphere but don't get me wrong, we know how to party. Tasty Tuesday has become the biggest and most anticipated party of the week and we always show you a good time, so good that we close on Wednesday to clean up the aftermath. Thursday is Trivia Night, Friday is R.E.H.A.B., Saturday is Karaoke, Sunday Funday and Monday is our Movie Night with new and classics running on our 100" projector screen. Stop in, say hi and have a shot of Guaro with us. Tasty Waves Cantina ~ Livin' the Dream
Reviewed August 25, 2013

First of all, it's just FUN! One could spend much time just reading the walls! We met everyone who worked there and enjoyed chatting with them all. The fish tacos were GREAT and the Burger was bigger than my husband! Great service, great food! Another great find in Pto. Viejo!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very nice atmosphere here and the Tacos are excellent , just outside Puerto Viejo heading to Cocles . Great staff who pass on any relevant information about the area , this has become my second home whilst here . No pretensions at all just very relaxed and friendly .

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a funky little place across from the beach. They play movies on some nights, have specials on taco Tuesdays and so on. Some reviewers have said they are the best tacos ever, and while I certainly have no complaints, they are far from the "Best" I have ever had. I would put them as a standard texmexy type. They were yummy which is good enough. The service was outstanding, friendly and with great advice.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

stopped here a few times after being at the beach, great place to grab a drink..they have a good happy hour and $1 shots...all the bartenders and the owner were supper friendly and chill. they even had a band one night that was great! I will definitely spend some more time here my next vacation

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I just got back from Costa Rica with 19 high school students and our lunch at Tasty Waves was a highlight! I would describe it as an experience rather than just a meal. The owner Bryton and his staff were genuinely excited to have us and my students felt like very important guests. Bryton worked out a pre-order ahead of time, so my students had their lunch soon after our arrival. The system couldn't have worked any more smoothly. Our kids had fun playing pool (which was free,) playing bags and using the Wi-Fi. The adults were able to take a needed break and enjoy our lunch knowing that everyone was happy and occupied. All of our food was great and the kids gave an enthusiastic thumbs-up - not an easy feat with a pack of teenagers. The folks at Tasty Waves are really fun, but they also take care of business. I couldn't have been more happy with our experience there and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to other groups. Hasta pronto!