“Best vibe, awesome staff and tasty tacos”

Tasty Waves Cantina
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Tasty Waves is more than a humble cantina in beautiful Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica, it's a lifestyle. We always strive to become your "home base", giving you local advice on where to go, what sites to see and how to get the most out of your journey or vacation. Our staff is more of a family and we always want you to feel welcome in our home. For the most part it's a relaxed atmosphere but don't get me wrong, we know how to party. Tasty Tuesday has become the biggest and most anticipated party of the week and we always show you a good time, so good that we close on Wednesday to clean up the aftermath. Thursday is Trivia Night, Friday is R.E.H.A.B., Saturday is Karaoke, Sunday Funday and Monday is our Movie Night with new and classics running on our 100" projector screen. Stop in, say hi and have a shot of Guaro with us. Tasty Waves Cantina ~ Livin' the Dream
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I spent almost everyday to that place. Jackson and Bryton are simply awesome. I appreciated the advices that they gave me. They work hard to make sure that every single person that comes, feels like home and in good hands. Cassandra and Fede are also nice girls, they both have a little accent which is cute and funny! I enjoyed my stay in Puerto and a big part of it is by having my tasty tacos and my tasty shot everyday... Thank to you guys!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Accidentally stumbled on this place because I didn't want to walk far from my hotel in the hot sun. Turns out this place has pretty awesome fish tacos and you can watch American football every Sunday and Monday on the big screen TV which in pretty cool since you can't get the games on normal television.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

a tuesday was never and letdown and their tacos are delish. Perfect for when your hungry at cocles. I miss it already

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Other than the lazy mon, this was the best spot! Brighton and Jackson are both excellent hosts and funny as hell. Happy hour beers and beef tacos are the way to go.

Tuesday nights here are off the hook! Shots are $1 and beers are $2, which equals quite the party. If you don't check this spot out you will fail in life.

1  Thank VitaminPman
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Fresh food, great energy, great service, cold beers, recommendation Fresh fish Tacos, and on Tuesdys they're 2 for 2,000 colones.

1  Thank Laurel A