“just okay”

Restaurante Lidia's Place
Cuisines: Caribbean, Costa Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small family owned restaurant in town. I don't thing there are any street addresses there.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place was recommended and were seated at a table and picked the seat where I could have a great view and then asked to move as the chair was in the way of opening and closing the gigantic beverage cooler. Note: don't put a chair there!

Found the prices very high for a soda and the food was just okay. I asked for a glass of water and told I would have to buy bottled water, hmmm, not impressed.

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Lidia's Place

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Our first night in Puerto Viejo, we start looking around for somewhere to have dinner. Someone we met recommended this place. It's not that the food isn't good, it actually was pretty decent. I found it quite expensive though considering this is not a fancy place at all. Anyways, my husband wanted to order a bottle of wine. $20 U.S. for a very average bottle of white wine, that he pulled out of the cupboard and served to us completely warm. Not chilled, not even a little bit. My husband didn't want to be rude and say something so we paid our $60 U.S. bill for an adequate dinner and a warm bottle of white wine and left. Would not make a point of going back here again.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a a diamond in the rough. It is off the beaten path but worth the walk. Great people and food.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Soda Lidia's Place was recommended by our local guide, Boogie. Excellent choice for cheap and delicious Caribbean food. Hubby got pork chop with fries and salad. I got beef & onion with rice & beans in Caribbean style. Both were so yummy. Everything with drinks was under $20. We emptied our plates with no doubts. We definitely want to go back.

Lidia's Place is 3 blocks south of the beach. You can just ask anyone there.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I ate here once on a recommendation + I was very hungry. Food average (actually one has to look hard in this area for good cooking), never went back as it is a bit off the beaten path and not as inexpensive as other sodas which all have similar menus. She serves the most inexpensive fish, corvina and tilapia are always available, my least favorite fish. The help here is very nice, no complaints on service and they always were open when I walked by.