“Not overly impressed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Lidia's Place

Restaurante Lidia's Place
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Central American, Jamaican, Costa Rican
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Small family owned restaurant in town. I don't thing there are any street addresses there.
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Not overly impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Our first night in Puerto Viejo, we start looking around for somewhere to have dinner. Someone we met recommended this place. It's not that the food isn't good, it actually was pretty decent. I found it quite expensive though considering this is not a fancy place at all. Anyways, my husband wanted to order a bottle of wine. $20 U.S. for a very average bottle of white wine, that he pulled out of the cupboard and served to us completely warm. Not chilled, not even a little bit. My husband didn't want to be rude and say something so we paid our $60 U.S. bill for an adequate dinner and a warm bottle of white wine and left. Would not make a point of going back here again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a a diamond in the rough. It is off the beaten path but worth the walk. Great people and food.

Visited November 2012
Tilaran, Costa Rica
“We emptied our plates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Soda Lidia's Place was recommended by our local guide, Boogie. Excellent choice for cheap and delicious Caribbean food. Hubby got pork chop with fries and salad. I got beef & onion with rice & beans in Caribbean style. Both were so yummy. Everything with drinks was under $20. We emptied our plates with no doubts. We definitely want to go back.

Lidia's Place is 3 blocks south of the beach. You can just ask anyone there.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Texas
“ok food, good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I ate here once on a recommendation + I was very hungry. Food average (actually one has to look hard in this area for good cooking), never went back as it is a bit off the beaten path and not as inexpensive as other sodas which all have similar menus. She serves the most inexpensive fish, corvina and tilapia are always available, my least favorite fish. The help here is very nice, no complaints on service and they always were open when I walked by.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Prague, Oklahoma
“good place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was not blown away with the food though it was good, maybe I am just not big on Caribbean food? I had the Marlin which was not a good fish to eat, the rest was great. Fish was tough and tasteless which may be why it is not sold widely no reflection on the cooking, as I loved everything else

Visited October 2012