“Authentic!!!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This place has been there for a while and keeps its roots. I came like 8 years ago and visited again yesterday and really enjoyed it. This is caribbean food and service, this means prepare to eat well but you will have to wait...caribbean rithm, so you better slow down and enjoy the waiting. Absolutely love the patacones!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Food is good, not great, service nice but slow. Atmosphere is very nice, Caribbean. I'm not sure I will go back

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We live in Punta Uva and very rarely go out to eat , One of our favorite places to go is Selvins
Owned by one of the members of the Brown family ( a local family that has been here 150 years) The Pargo Rojo (Red Snapper) is to die for . A whole fish grilled or deep fried with a light Caribbean sauce served with salad patacones french fries is to die for. The prices our decent and they serve the coldest beer around. The service is slow but your probably on vacation so sit back and relax!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Selvin's is perhaps one of the most popular restaurants in the Puerto Viejo area...it's actually at Punta Uva, a few kilometers south of PV. It's an roadside outdoor restaurant (most of the area's restaurants are...) so there' s no beach view. We were there for a late lunch and the place was still packed...which explains the extremely slow service....But then, most Costan Rican restaurants have very, very slow service. The menu features typical fish and seafood dishes, including grilled octopus, (spiny) lobster, etc...but the most outstanding selection is certainly the rondon, which is a Caribbean specialty. It's basically like a bouillabaise, i.e.seafood (a variety of fish, some shrimp and a couple of small crab claws) stewed in coconut milk and some vegetables...Contrary to what could be expected, it's not very spicy but still very, very tasty! Wine is served by the glass or by the bottle and is reasonably priced. All in all, Selvin's is a pretty good value, especially if you try the rondon!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I recently moved into the area of Punta Uva, Costa Rica, and had heard a lot of good things about Selvin's which is just down the street from where I live.

I had decided to tae my brother and a friend out to dinner as a treat, to than them for helping us to move our dogs from the USA to CR.

The ambiance is quite lovely and comfortable, and the waitress was very sweet and filled our drink orders quickly while we checked the menu..

I ordered a Caribbean Chicken, my husband ordered the Sea Bass and my brother and friend Brian both ordered the curry shrimp.

We did not have to wait very long for our food to arrive, even though the restaurant was quite busy.

All I can say is WOW! We all st around smiling and making yummy sounds as we hungrily devoured our plates of food witch all came with traditional black beans and rice, fried plantains, salad potato fries and banana chips!

In short, the food was delicious, the service was friendly and timely and it was not expensive.

I intend to be a regular.