“Best Value in the Caribbean!!!!:)”

and 1 more site!
Be My Guest Cabinas
“Best Value in the Caribbean!!!!:)”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 8 nights in the beginning of May and enjoyed every bit of it! The price was great and even better was the friendly service, clean rooms, and the pool. It felt like we had our own private apartment less than 5 minutes from the Caribbean Sea! The owners provided us with an array of options for travel and dinning in the immediate area. Fred and his wife Joanna are a great team when it comes to owning and operating the Cabinas. Next time, we need lodging and we're in the Puerto Viejo, we'll be sure to stay here!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jessica K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and we wish we had stayed longer! But, we had a deadline and couldn't change plans. Fred was a tremendous host. The room was basic, Costa Rican style, but very spacious and clean. We made use of the kitchen and cooked in for 2 nights. We had a nice dinner at Banana Azul, just down the way, and enjoyed the beach there. The beach itself is beautiful; nice sand and its all national forest after that point, so virtually undeveloped and natural. It's a good walk into town so we rented $6 bikes from Banana Azul and saw all the sites.

We'd definitely stay there again, and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, affordable place to stay while in Puerto Viejo.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigDig2013
Reviewed April 26, 2014

It took us a little bit to find the cabinas only because I thought they were in Puerto Viejo. I was pleasantly surprised at the location and how quiet it was. Located just down from banana Azul. The beaches by be my guest were done of the best we went to (we visited cocles and punta uva as well). Fred was a very welcoming, and informing, host. If it is your first time to the area you have to stay here. You feel safe and will be given the best advice on where to go, where to eat, and how to get there. We stayed for 10 days and will likely be making another trip down soon.

• Stayed April 2014
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My new first option for the Caribbean
I spent last week in here and it exceed my expectations. It has all you can need; the room was clean, comfortable, well equipped, with nice simple decoration, with nice furniture and quality linen. It has simple but comfortable common areas with a nice little pool, a barbeque ranch and a common living room. It is also in a great location, not in the main street but it is still close enough; it is at 10 minutes’ drive from the town and a small walk to the beach.
The service was excellent as the owner makes you feel like family and is always available and ready to help you in any way possible.
In overall this is the best budget place I have found in the Caribbean side of Costa Rica

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RebeccaSartre
Berlin
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

After booking 3 nights, we ended up staying a week in Be My Guest Cabinas.
It's very spacious, comfortable and surrounded by lush tropical trees. From the terrace and the swimming pool you can observe a bird colony and its hanging nests.
Frederick, the host, and his family are very likeable and unbelievable helpful. He will organise tours, show you how to reach the sights on your own and give you recommendations for restaurants and such. He's always smiling and an enjoyable host.
The cabinas are a 15-20 minute walk from Puerto Viejo in a very safe area.
You can use all the amenities of the Banana Azul hotel (beach club, great restaurant, free coconuts, massages at the beach...).
Very recommendable!

• Stayed March 2014
Webster, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The accomendations were great, very clean, and spacious! It was my first time traveling alone, not once was I not happy that I choose bmgc. Fred was very pleasant and helpful. Would highly recommend! It's a great deal! Cindy K

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Cindy6969
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my cousin for 10 days. She felt so safe there that she stayed on after I left for another 2 weeks. The location is great. A few steps to the beach and a short bike ride into town. Fred, the owner, and his family are wonderful. The rooms are clean and spacious. Fred will share all the info you need about places to eat, visit, etc. the area is absolutely beautiful . Everyone is very friendly. One complaint, the pool was not functioning when we got there but Fred was working hard to get it up and running. Although, we spent our time on the beach so it didn't matter.

• Stayed July 2013