“Perfect place, great host”

Be My Guest Cabinas
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

After booking 3 nights, we ended up staying a week in Be My Guest Cabinas.
It's very spacious, comfortable and surrounded by lush tropical trees. From the terrace and the swimming pool you can observe a bird colony and its hanging nests.
Frederick, the host, and his family are very likeable and unbelievable helpful. He will organise tours, show you how to reach the sights on your own and give you recommendations for restaurants and such. He's always smiling and an enjoyable host.
The cabinas are a 15-20 minute walk from Puerto Viejo in a very safe area.
You can use all the amenities of the Banana Azul hotel (beach club, great restaurant, free coconuts, massages at the beach...).
Very recommendable!

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The accomendations were great, very clean, and spacious! It was my first time traveling alone, not once was I not happy that I choose bmgc. Fred was very pleasant and helpful. Would highly recommend! It's a great deal! Cindy K

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Cindy6969
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my cousin for 10 days. She felt so safe there that she stayed on after I left for another 2 weeks. The location is great. A few steps to the beach and a short bike ride into town. Fred, the owner, and his family are wonderful. The rooms are clean and spacious. Fred will share all the info you need about places to eat, visit, etc. the area is absolutely beautiful . Everyone is very friendly. One complaint, the pool was not functioning when we got there but Fred was working hard to get it up and running. Although, we spent our time on the beach so it didn't matter.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Our cabina (apartment) was very spacious and clean, with a small fridge, a coffee maker, and a 2 burner hot plate as well as a toaster oven. All dishes, cutlery, and pots and pans are stocked in your cabina.
Frederick is very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. He can give you advice on pretty much anything.....from where to eat (depending on what you like), to how to travel to the tourist sights.
If you are looking for a basic, clean and secure place to lay your head each night, then definitely book at Be My Guest Cabinas!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank morevacations39
Reviewed February 13, 2014

we stayed at BMGC for 20 days and enjoyed our time in Puerto Veijo. The cabina was large and had all the amenities we needed. The cabina was clean and spacious with a small kitchen that we used on a regular basis. There is a small store 10 minute walk that you can get some groceries and the larger grocery store in town is another 20 minute walk. The ocean is a 5 minute walk and we were able to use the lounge chairs at Banana Azul as well as enjoy Happy hour drinks. Meals at Banana Azul were also very good. Fred and his family were very helpful in telling us of places to see and how to get there for a reasonable price. The area is beautiful and the only noise you will hear is the sound of the ocean and the birds in the area. We enjoyed daily walks and sight seeing. Thanks Fred for a great vacation spot.

Room Tip: there are four cabinas or apartments, 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs. We were in the downstairs and ha...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I really enjoyed my overall experience at "Be My Guest Cabinas" The owner and his wife are very friendly and they try to assist you in any way possible. They explained EVERYTHING to me in great detail and being a single woman traveling along that means a lot. The rooms are very spacious and the atmosphere is ssoooo serene and its just steps away from the beach. I cannot say enough about the entire experience and I will definitely be planning my next stay there really soon.

Room Tip: It really dosen't matter what room you choose because they all have a front and side door and th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My partner and I had been to PV four years ago and fell in love with Costa Rica. We kept dreaming of moving and life kinda got in the way. We decided to return a second time and live as locals to see if we still loved it. Our initial reserved room at another guest house was a nightmare. We inquired about a back up plan and were introduced to Fred. Well thanks to his hospitality and family our vacation was a dream. We are now actively pursuing property and look forward to our continuing friendship with Fred and his familia!!! I can't recommend him more highly!!!

• Stayed: October 2013