“Gecko is amazing!”

Gecko Trail - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Gecko Trail Costa Rica is full service travel agency based in Costa Rica. We offer a wide selection of tours, activities and transportation all over the country. We are specialized in helping clients to set up a customized and authentic experience of the real Costa Rica. We plan your trip to maximize your holiday time enjoying the incredible nature and wide selection of activities, and make sure to offer a fun, safe and hassle-free experience of the best Costa Rica has to offer - whether this is for individual travelers, couples or groups, we make sure you get the right fit. Our Vision• Excellence in customer service• Innovative travel options• Professionalism in dealing with clients as well as with vendors• Provide the best quality possible• Use local providers and help the local community grow in a sustainable way• Fair employment of local staff including accurate training and salary
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We used Gecko for a 2 week holiday. they were amazing, helpful both before and during the trip. everything runs smoothly and on time. very flexible and service orientated. we actually had to postpone a trip for a year because of a health issue and they were amazing and generous with our rebooking. use gecko and tell your friends. One thing I would suggest to Canadians is air conditioning is not automatic in rooms so if it matters to you check that before you pick your rooms. It is very HOT there. As well we took many tours-canyoning, rafting, ziplining, hiking, snorkelling and they were all great. the only one we thought was not great was the volcano. it has not been active in years and the hike really had nothing to see. the hot springs were nice but they leave you there way too long. as well there is a 29 departure tax we were not aware of so just know that.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"exploradores outdoors"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We booked Caribbean side of costa rica with Gecko. we wanted to stay at Banana Azul and noticed they had an office on site so ended up booking a 5 night package.We were coming off another tour and ending in San Jose. Gecko co ordinated with Banana azul and a 3 other companies and put together a great package. Including transfers,dinner,massage, zip lining.white water rafting.So much fun all companies professional but Caribbean and I loved it.
When we thought we had a problem with one transfer Gecko checked up and we had confirmation within 12 hours.Excellent at least you know that the people will be there to pick u up and there is a certain standard.....worth it.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I traveled to costa rica with my six year old son and we had a blast. I planned the trip very last minute for spring break in march 2013. gecko trail adventures made it very easy for me to find out all the possibilities, easily book tours to waterfalls, chocolate making, zipline tour, river rafting, animal rescue center etc etc and find just the right combination of adventure and relaxation without the worry of booking all these activities on my own. they were friendly, very helpful, the drivers and staff we met in person were really pleasant. all went simply according to plan. I'll be back and use them again!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We used Gecko Tours to organize our first trip to Costa Rica. For two weeks we used Gecko exclusively for shuttles, hotel bookings and tour bookings. It might have cost us more; not really sure if that was true though; as we breezed through seven different locations and hotels with no problems at all. Drivers were mostly always on time, Monteverde he was late which had us concerned because all the other shuttles were timely, but he did finally arrive about 20 min. late. But this was an exception. Hotels were as expected or better than expected; but we were looking for authentic C.R. hotels with character, not the American Sheratons! All the tours were organized all by Gecko, so we could totally relax and have everything taken care of while we were in C.R. We meet many others on the shuttles which made the drives more fun and sociable which I like especially if travelling just as a couple which we were.

Staff at Gecko during the planning stages were timely, efficient and their website is very clear.

The only issue/complaint I have is the fact that on the itinerary Gecko doesn't explain total transport time between chosen destinations. This should be made clear. I read a lot of forums and tour books before our trip so I knew travel time could be slow, but I had no idea the travel times to some destinations were so long and uncomfortable due to gravel roads and massive potholes. Monteverde was the worst! Had I known we would have done the trip in two days and stayed somewhere else in between. A couple destinations not worth the time and travel and completely over rated in the tour books, but thats just our opinion i guess. We moved around a lot in two weeks and so if I had to do it again in another country I would want the travel time more specific on our itinerary.
I would highly recommend Gecko Tours for Costa Rica, especially if you don't want to rent a car.
No hassles, no worries, no planning while enjoying the sights!

1  Thank CanadianCouple1985