“A peaceful yoga class on vacation - just what I needed!”

OM - Yoga, Massage, Surf, Tours & Hostel *CLOSED*
More attraction details
Owner description: OM Hostel is PERMANENTLY CLOSED! OM has changed structure and location. Please visit our new website OMatCashewHill OM no longer offers a hostel, surf or tours. We are a complete retreat and yoga teacher training center. Please no inquiries for Hostel.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I found out about OM Yoga on TripAdvisor before our vacation. We were staying at Totem Hotel in Cocles, which is practically next door, so I was excited to be able to take a couple morning yoga classes. My first class was with Kristin, the owner. She is an excellent yoga teacher, and a really wonderful person. I also took a very early morning class at 7am with Ro- she was delightful! Both classes were challenging, you were encouraged to work, but to take it at your own level, which I appreciated. Taking a yoga class on the open-air second floor overlooking the ocean across the road was pretty amazing!

1  Thank MagicChicago
vivaelmomento, Owner at OM - Yoga, Massage, Surf, Tours & Hostel *CLOSED*, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback and to share your pictures with us! We really enjoyed having you in class and wish you and your husband much pura vida! Sending you sunshine up north from the Caribe Sur.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I organize Yoga retreats adventures and bring a group there every year . It's awesome ! I would highly recommend it to any traveller who's looking to get some real off the beaten path activities , fair prices and of course blissful Yoga classes , to spend at least one night there . Activities not to be missed : The 2 waterfalls Hike & Surf Lessons with Alex a.k.a Peace ... Absolutely a must to do Yoga with Kristin , she is simply awesome and has great attention to details and creative asanas ! Overall , Om is very a well organized hostal , the owners are nice and VERY efficient in their way of working with clients and students . They will make everything possible for you to enjoy your stay there . Stop in Puerto Viejo for one OOOOMMMMM :)

2  Thank evita70

We love having you and your groups! A fun, focused and conscious tribe. Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We hope to host you again soon :)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at OM over the holidays to get away from the craziness in the states. It was just what we were looking for. We rented a room in their hostel which is safely located upstairs behind the yoga studio. Modest accommodations which we were fine with. Our room had a queen bed with a single bunk on top. There is access to a kitchen downstairs which we took advantage of as eating out in town adds up quickly. Bonus is that Caribeans, an amazing coffee and chocolate shop is downstairs which helped with our daily fix of some of the best Costa Rican coffee we were able to find. The yoga studio is open air, overlooking the beach and it was easy to get in the a peaceful zone during any of the classes. I opted for the week pass to the studio which was a deal I completely took advantage of, often going to 2 classes a day. The teachers were all wonderful and there was something for everyone. My husband also took a fabulous surfing lesson with Alex, who is an amazing teacher. The price for a lesson is totally reasonable, and considering we saw many other instructors on the beaches I can say without a doubt you will get the most for you $ and your spirit from Alex. The vibe at OM is pure joy. Kristin and Alex do everything they can to make you comfortable and enjoy the area. They had the best recommendations for beaches, food and places to visit. The location is perfect as it is out of the crazy part of town, but within walking or biking distance to just about everything there is to see and do. We were so thankful we happened upon OM and would definitely visit again in the future!

1  Thank Juli C

Aw, shucks :) We appreciate you taking the time to make a review for us. We enjoyed having you guys in the house with us and wish you well. Hope you make it back to the Caribe someday!

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We had set up a surf lesson with Alexander before arriving in PV. His wife Kristin was our contact and was so helpful answering our questions and setting up our lesson. We met both Kristin and Alexander today and they are truly two genuinely nice people.
Alexander is a CR native and had been surfing since he was young.. He was a fabulous instructor- right there in the water with us- so patient and encouraging and at explaining how to surf .. Mind you I wasn't that far off shore when I finally stood up and rode a wave in- but he was as excited as I was!!! For a private lesson we thought the price reasonable- nothing beats personalized attention. Thanks for a fun morning!

We are so happy to hear about your positive surf experience! Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Surfs up :)

See more reviews
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been to OM five times in the past three years. The beautiful ocean views from the new elevated yoga studio are breathtaking. It has become my getaway for when I need some time to relax and rejuvenate. As the studio grows, so does the schedule and selection of classes. From Acro-yoga to Zumba , there is something to fit the need of every yogi.

The hostel has always been a place of peace and comfort for me. With the recent renovations the rooms are brighter and feel like a beautiful jungle treehouse filled with bamboo details and handmade bed frames.

The addition of Caribeans Chocolate makes OM even more attractive. Offering organic chocolate from CR, it's hard to image a better morning than taking a yoga class than sipping a cup of irresistible hot chocolate while watching life of those in Puerto Viejo pass by, all the while listening to the ocean.

Owners Kristin and Alex Ramírez have done wonders with this ideal location. I could not have asked for better hosts or a better vibe. OM has opened my heart and eyes to a truly beautiful world.

1  Thank HudsonN

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you find peaceful retreat at OM! We look forward to many more years of visits to come!