“Flip Flop is the top!”

Flip Flop Restaurant
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We like to offer our international delicious and various food (120 dishes) with a Caribbean touch in a charming way.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We went there twice the same day because it was that good...I mean presentation,portion,taste and price were high standards...Who ever knocks this place has got to have their taste buds tuned and has to smoke a little ganga and get unwound....Truly a gem!

PS We also did a review on another restaurant that was never reviewed and trust us on this gem also...

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Was there two times. The first time was ok. There weren't many people there so food and service were ok. The second time was horrible. We waited for over an hour for two hamburgers and when they came one was missing the bacon. They quickly fried some within 2 minutes (it was not cooked properly). The next days I had a light food poisoning.

Don't go there when it's full. For a light snack when it's empty it seems to be ok.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I ate at Flip Flops three times while in Puerto Viejo. Twice I ate the fish tacos and another time, pasta. I didn't start out well with them - another case of being a stupid American, I guess. How was I to know that the columns in front of the restaurant were made of plastic and not suitable to chain my bike to! :)

The female waitresses were pleasant enough, but for one of the male waiters there, I was in the way. He wasn't interested in me being a repeat customer. But, that was okay. There are plenty of restaurants in Puerto Viejo. It was the last time I went there.

If you go there - fish tacos. They ain't bad. Tell the surly waiter I sent you.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I wish I didn't eat here my first day. It ruined the experience for the other restaurants. The price was fair and the food was FRAKING delicious!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Our habit of wanting to try eating at as many places as possible may have bitten us in Puerto Viejo, because we ate here on our first night and foolishly didn't return. While there were some tasty places, nothing was quite as good as the first meal we had here. The red snapper was delicious and very affordable, with an amazing creamy curry sauce. It was the cheapest and best meal we had during our stay in Puerto Viejo, and if we ever return it will be the first place we go.