“local vegetarian fare”
Review of Veronica's Place - CLOSED

Veronica's Place
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Veronica`s Restaurant is now closed. Thank you for all your love and support over the last 11 years. We are now back at our home where we started and are still offering cooking classes and cultural breakfast and dinners.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

delicious local vegetarian food served by Veronica and her friendly family. try the carrot tart, the juices were yummy and refreshing. a great find.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

in a town that now seems to have more backpackers and expats than ticos, this place is the real deal. delicious vegetarian food made in a place that feels like someone's home. Very welcoming and delicious.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ran into this amazing little place in puerto viejo for lunch and absolutely loved it! The food was really nice, only vegetarian, healthy options on the menu, big portions and what we had was delicious. They offer shakes and teas as well and located on the first floor of the building it seems like you right in the trees when enjoying your meal.
We definately come back here for lunch or dinner during our stay, the food was tasty, not expensive at all and you get great value. Besides, Olga our waitress was really friendly and the food came quick. Love it!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a lovely, open-aired restaurant offering vegan/vegetarian cuisine with local sustainability in mind. I was pleased to be served by Veronica herself, a very warm and loving woman with a mission. She is an expert in the healing qualities of juices and combinations thereof that aid in the quality of one's well-being. Smoothies are made with either water or milk depending on choice. Sandwiches on fresh baked "coconut" bread include 4 meatless options, one being the coconut/carrot veggie burger. Loaded with lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese, this is a culinary delight. Served with plantain chips and dip on the side. The prices are reasonable considering the health benefits of the food, all grown locally and organically. Veronica's expertise on healing herbs make this an excellent place for the mindful traveler. It was the best lunch for the $ yet. And don't forget to take a yummy vegan cookie to the beach for a great energizing snack after a leisurely swim in the sea.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

When I passed through Puerto Viejo, I had my share of casados and fried food variety and it started to take its toll on my body. All the fatty food and meat was making me feel very bloated and weak.

One day, upon a happy coincidence, I stumbled into Veronica's Place and since my first visit, I have good back every single day until I left. Her food is fresh and homely. The veggie steak and veggie meatballs are so good I sometimes still think and salivate from them.

Her cooking lessons are also quite worthwhile as you get to be very hands on with Miss Veronica herself. She will take the time to explain her recipes and even list down all the ingredients with you at the end so you may remember and recreate them. I was welcomed into her home for the lesson and met her husband who is just as sweet as Veronica herself. As a person, you can't think of a warmer lady than Veronica. She will greet you with a sincere smile and/or hug and for someone who's been travelling solo for a little while, it felt great to feel like i was at home with her.

It's a must try, if not for the delish food, but for her hospitality as well.