“Homely and sweet”
Review of Veronica's Place - CLOSED

Veronica's Place
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Veronica`s Restaurant is now closed. Thank you for all your love and support over the last 11 years. We are now back at our home where we started and are still offering cooking classes and cultural breakfast and dinners.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

When I passed through Puerto Viejo, I had my share of casados and fried food variety and it started to take its toll on my body. All the fatty food and meat was making me feel very bloated and weak.

One day, upon a happy coincidence, I stumbled into Veronica's Place and since my first visit, I have good back every single day until I left. Her food is fresh and homely. The veggie steak and veggie meatballs are so good I sometimes still think and salivate from them.

Her cooking lessons are also quite worthwhile as you get to be very hands on with Miss Veronica herself. She will take the time to explain her recipes and even list down all the ingredients with you at the end so you may remember and recreate them. I was welcomed into her home for the lesson and met her husband who is just as sweet as Veronica herself. As a person, you can't think of a warmer lady than Veronica. She will greet you with a sincere smile and/or hug and for someone who's been travelling solo for a little while, it felt great to feel like i was at home with her.

It's a must try, if not for the delish food, but for her hospitality as well.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I loved this place, the starfruit and ginger juice is DELICIOUS.
I enjoyed my raw burritos and the patacones I had.
Service is a little slow but that's because they are making everything from scratch.
I was super happy to have this option available in such a small town as PV.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My first stop in PV. A wide range of veggie dishes was a nice welcome. Had a veggie burger. It was all good. As I found out, finding veggie food wasn't that hard in PV, beans and rice, and fruit are plentiful. Ordered a coconut water, but they were out of coconuts. SO the waiter hopped the railing, walked tentatively across the corrugated tin roof next door and chopped a couple coconuts off the tree. That's fresh!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We visited here only once after seeing signs along our drive and being very keen to visit a raw and vegan food establishment. Sadly the food let it down for us. The menu had a good range of drinks and juices to choose from but the food menu was lacking. For a place that wants to encourage and show off the variety and benefits of natural foods (I thought so anyway based on its website and signage), it was disappointing and dull. I opted for a veggie burger (very boring) and although it was fine, that was all. It came with a slice of processed cheese on it, which doesnt seem very fitting with this place?? Very unhealthy. My friends meal came with carrot tarts which were lovely but the rest was quite bland. The cafe itself is small but pleasant enough and I enjoyed the music and decor. The workers seemed friendly but I was confused when our bill came and it was wrong with a charge discreetly being made on the same thing twice and a totally new dish added on. When questoned, another receipt (the correct one, and identical to ours was produced. This aroused suspicion as we were the only ones in the cafe, let alone anyone else would ahve ordered the identical 2 meals and 2 drinks we had?? Very odd indeed.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate here for breakfast. Its a sweet cafe, we had 2 coffees and 2 banana pancakes, we waited for 20 minutes before we heard the pancake mix hit the pan, the coffees were still not with us either. When the pancakes came they were huge and very nice, 1 is enough for 2 people! The service is typical slow costa style, but if your not in a hurry, try them. No regular coffee served.