“Take a Cooking Class with Veronica!”
Review of Veronica's Place - CLOSED

Veronica's Place
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Veronica`s Restaurant is now closed. Thank you for all your love and support over the last 11 years. We are now back at our home where we started and are still offering cooking classes and cultural breakfast and dinners.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

By far my best experience in Costa Rica! Not only is Veronica a phenomenal vegetarian cook, she will give you a class in what she calls "home caribbean cooking" including the complex recipies for caribbean chicken and fish, coconut rice and beans, curry dressing and...wait for it...homemade fresh coconut milk! Out of this world phenomenal, and something I will be making with my children at home. Veronica herself is a gem of a woman, warm and generous, and a true cultural ambassador.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We ate at Veronica's probably 6 times during our 5 day stay in Puerto Viejo. Extremely friendly staff, and Veronica was incredibly sweet. It was really excellent food. The fake steak is really yummy and the soy meat is delicious. With Veronica's special Caribbean sauce, it was to die for. The smoothies are so refreshing on a warm day.

Overall, this place is about really delicious food, for extremely affordable prices, and a really fun, relaxing time. There is a wide variety on the menu, from burgers and sandwiches, to traditional Costa Rican dishes. It has a home-cooked style and feeling too. It really feels like all of the dishes are prepared with care and with love.

We also took a surfing lesson with Veronica's son, Hershell. He was an EXCELLENT teacher. Veronica's whole family is amazing and talented! I had a great time during the surfing lesson, and Hershell wasn't there to show off, he was there to share his love and enthusiasm for surfing, and to help me learn how to do it. He was patient, and had a great attitude.

Definitely check out Veronica's for multiple meals. Her smoothies and elixirs are great for just a refreshing beverage or to help with any ills you may have. The meals themselves are so delicious, and even non-vegan/vegetarians love them.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Fun spot next to the beach in Playa Cocles is perfect for a light lunch or late night dollar purple shots.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My sinuses 'were' congested & a wonderful waitress: Teresa (originally from Mississippi), helped me find the perfect solution. I ordered two drinks: *Veronicas Shot* (A mix of sorosy, lemongrass, ginger, lemon and honey). Then, I had a cold "Ginger and Lemon," which was soothing. This spot is great, the service is awesome and they can design your plate and/ or drink in a way that can help you feel better. I should also mention that I heard about this spot, while I was in the pool, over conversation with another couple (word of mouth). It's on the 2nd floor & worth checking out. Cheers!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was probably the best meal I had in Costa Rica. Home-style with a lot of love!

The fresh fruit juices are refreshing in the Caribbean heat. Learned a lot with Ms. Veronica and really enjoyed taking her cooking class. It felt like I was sharing a meal with family.

Read more about it on my blog: