“Top Notch”

and up
Half-Day Jaguar, Chocolate, and Waterfall Tour in Costa Rica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Jaguar Rescue Center Public Tours: Monday - Saturday (closed Sunday) $20 per person. Children under 10 are FREE! No reservation needed for public tours. 1.5 hours Private Tours: Monday - Saturday (closed Sunday) $60 per person. Children under 10 FREE! Reservation required for private tours. 2.5 hours WHAT TO BRING: The tours are outside and you will be walking. Water, sunblock, rain jacket or poncho, insect repellent, closed shoes. ALSO VISIT LA CEIBA NATURE RESERVE FOR DAY AND EVENING NATURE HIKES
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Fairmont wWest Virginia, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Top Notch”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Rescue Center was amazing! They do a great service to the wonderful local wildlife and are supported by folks who pay for tours. I recommend you take time to visit this awesome place. My wife and I got to see and interact with some animals that we would have never been able to see without going here. It is a great place and I think anyone who visits the area should check it out!

Visited July 2014

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Los Angeles, California
“"Life's Last Little Wonders"”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hello All!

Just got home from Puerto Viejo last night and it was one of the most special little secrets left on earth. Coming down from the ultimate rush of being immersed in one of the most beautiful, untouched places on earth I am left with the memories of this wonderful experience.

One of the places that greatly influenced my spectacular and life changing experience in Costa Rica was The Jaguar Rescue :)

We arrived there on a rainy day by foot ( about a 15 mile walk from our hotel). It was further then we expected, but it proved to contribute the special day even more. The walk is breathtaking- the scenery is out of a dream.

When you arrive to the rescue in the middle of a lush tropical surrounding right across from the Caribbean Sea you are greeted by what seemed to be a magical Unicorn in the distance- HORSES! As you enter the gates to the front, sloths are swinging from the tree's in perfect view to explore this wonder you rarely, if ever encounter in your life time.

We collected our group with all English speakers and began the tour...Our tour guide Tori was just as brilliant as the rescue itself. She is knowledgeable and compassionate and made us feel very welcome and comfortable. We saw all types of creatures- frogs, frog eggs, toucans, deer, Monkey's, sloths, owls, ocelots, and margays to name a few. I wish we could have had more interaction with the creatures, but I don't plan that one the rescue- I know it's best for the animals and us, of course. I got to have my hand held by a baby spider monkey! That moment will forever be imprinted in my memory.

Overall, if you plan to pass by Puerto Viejo or the surrounding towns GO TO THIS PLACE! It's absolutely worth your time not to mention really inexpensive for the priceless moments in time you will encounter while visiting this place. Also, whatever you contribute/pay to get in is going right back to the animals and the organization. Thank you Jaguar Rescue for exsisiting and all you do! .

I wish there was more positive sanctuary's for wild animals around like this rescue. It is truly admirable and remarkable what these humans do for these creatures. Everyone and everything exudes love and the animals who's journey takes them to this place are lucky in my opinion because they are given another chance weather they end up there for the rest of their wondrous lives or get to be released back to their natural habitats. Regardless, the animals interests are at the utmost importance. These people are selfless and it shows just by the energy and love in this place!

Visited July 2014
Hamburg, Deutschland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Must do”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a really great tour with energetic and passionate volunteer Jessica! She had good knowledge about the animals and brought her own stories and love across. The centre does important work which can only happen because of the entrance fee. Must do!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great people great initiative”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Just something you have to do. These people just care for animals. Something to support!! The animals are really helped.

Littleton, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A "Don't Miss This" Attraction!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had read about the rescue center in our travel book and the description caught our attention. We spent our honeymoon in Costa Rica, traveling all over the country. I would say that this is one of the top attractions, if not the top of list of activities that we did on our trip.

Like most, the monkey rescue area is probably what everyone likes best...being up close and seeing the little monkeys was so special...my wife just loved it!

There are so many animals, to see here, I won't go into specific detail on each and everyone, but I will say that it is a Don't Miss This attraction!

The staff is very friendly and incredibly knowledgeable. We enjoy the tour and asked many questions of guides and staff around the facility. All were very happy to talk with us.

We actually talked about going back a 2nd time before we completed our we liked it so much.

I would highly recommend this to anyone, of all ages...I'm sure kids would love to see the animals up close!

Visited May 2014