“I want to go again!”

and up
Jaguar Rescue Center from Limon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Jaguar Rescue Center Public Tours: Monday - Saturday (closed Sunday) $20 per person. Children under 10 are FREE! No reservation needed for public tours. 1.5 hours Private Tours: Monday - Saturday (closed Sunday) $60 per person. Children under 10 FREE! Reservation required for private tours. 2.5 hours WHAT TO BRING: The tours are outside and you will be walking. Water, sunblock, rain jacket or poncho, insect repellent, closed shoes. ALSO VISIT LA CEIBA NATURE RESERVE FOR DAY AND EVENING NATURE HIKES
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Love, love, love Jaguar Rescue Center! They have such a nice facility for the animals and the staff and volunteers are friendly and caring. It is well worth a visit. The highlight for me was going in the monkey cage. That was so much fun. The monkeys were so cute! They would climb their jungle gym, tussel with one another, and jump on you. It was like being in primate daycare. I wish that part of the tour was saved for last which is why I gave only 4 stars. The tour should start with the snakes and finish with the monkeys. Save the best for last! Otherwise, an awesome experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,095)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"sloth sanctuary"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were very lucky and had our tour with the owner. She was breathtakingly passionate and the experience was educational and fun. I loved interacting with the toucan/ seeing all the frogs and monkeys, sloths (my personal highlights.) The volunteers definitly love what they are doing. I also love the fact that she puts the animals back into the wild and does educational programs so that they can stay protected. I think it would also be beneficial to learn more about ways to protect the habitat of the animals becuase I feel as tho all I want to do is help, but really not sure what choices I can make that would make a difference in the environment and animals in the area.
Overall great experience.

Only con was that it was very busy (so not really in there control and they did split us into groups) just make sure that you are there on time as a tip.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been to the rescue center last year and it slipped my mind to review it. Today, I went to a zoo, and it made think back and remember how awesome this Rescue Center really is. All the animals you will find there, are rescued, brought back to health, and later reintroduced to the wild. They all looked happy.

In the zoo today, all the animals looked sad. I guess, a recovery center is much better than a prison for life. Definitely go to this rescue center, it is the real deal and you can even interact with certain animals. Playing with baby monkeys was definitely a majour highlight of my stay in Costa Rica.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I got to do my tour with one of the founders of this place and it was absolutely amazing. We saw an amazing collection of some very rare and common snakes from the area. Te people behind the scenes are really about the prosperity of the animals they keep and are doing everything they can to return the returnable being back into the wild. You get to pet monkeys, maybe hod it if the monkeys wants you too. Pet deer for sure. See owls up close. I have always wanted to see one so close and i truly enjoyed the experience there..