“I forgot to review it, but, 8 months later, I am, because its A+++!”

Jaguar Rescue Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$133.00*
and up
Jaguar Rescue Center Tour from Limon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Jaguar Rescue Center Public Tours: Monday - Saturday (closed Sunday) $20 per person. Children under 10 are FREE! No reservation needed for public tours. 1.5 hours Private Tours: Monday - Saturday (closed Sunday) $60 per person. Children under 10 FREE! Reservation required for private tours. 2.5 hours WHAT TO BRING: The tours are outside and you will be walking. Water, sunblock, rain jacket or poncho, insect repellent, closed shoes. ALSO VISIT LA CEIBA NATURE RESERVE FOR DAY AND EVENING NATURE HIKES
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been to the rescue center last year and it slipped my mind to review it. Today, I went to a zoo, and it made think back and remember how awesome this Rescue Center really is. All the animals you will find there, are rescued, brought back to health, and later reintroduced to the wild. They all looked happy.

In the zoo today, all the animals looked sad. I guess, a recovery center is much better than a prison for life. Definitely go to this rescue center, it is the real deal and you can even interact with certain animals. Playing with baby monkeys was definitely a majour highlight of my stay in Costa Rica.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,617)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"sloth sanctuary"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I got to do my tour with one of the founders of this place and it was absolutely amazing. We saw an amazing collection of some very rare and common snakes from the area. Te people behind the scenes are really about the prosperity of the animals they keep and are doing everything they can to return the returnable being back into the wild. You get to pet monkeys, maybe hod it if the monkeys wants you too. Pet deer for sure. See owls up close. I have always wanted to see one so close and i truly enjoyed the experience there..

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I was enthralled with the knowledge of our guide. The animals were amazing as I had seen most of them from a distance in our backyard, being up close to them put a special meaning behind it for me.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our guide was informative, gracious, and well educated. You get to see many animals up close, and we even got to play with the monkeys. I highly recommend for everyone of all ages.